Have you ever accidentally archived an email and wondering where it is located now?
You are not alone. Gmail has no specific label folder for archived emails and makes people panic — worrying if the email has been deleted.
Your archived emails won’t be deleted and still stored in Gmail safely. You can unarchive the email and treat it like a normal email message.
To find archived emails on Gmail Android, check the tutorial here.
How to find archived emails on Gmail
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this tutorial, you will learn how to locate the archived emails on your Gmail account via the desktop version. After that, you can unarchive the email and put it back into the Inbox folder.
- Go to Gmail and click More button on the left panel.
- Select the All Mail folder. It will show you the entire email you ever received.Advertisement
- Take a look at the emails I pointed with red arrows. If it doesn't have the “Inbox” label, then it must be archived email.
- In order to retrieve it back, select on the email, and click the Move to Inbox icon.
- You should notice the selected emails now have the “Inbox” label on it.
- Go to the Inbox folder to see them normally.
- Gmail account
- Computer device
Archived emails will not be deleted unless you choose to do so. The email archiving system is designed to serve historical data outside the backup area. This archiving procedure mostly used by an enterprise to reduce data consumption, yet still able to store important information within emails.
So, the next time you accidentally clicked the archive button, don’t worry! Your email is still there.