Have you accidentally archived an email? Well, you are not alone. Apparently, millions of Gmail users on Android unintentionally swiped email lists to the side so it is moved to the archive list.
However, how to find the archived email?
Since Gmail doesn’t provide a specific folder to display archived emails, you have to be smarter to found them. And this guide could help you!
How to find archived email on Gmail
Time Needed : 2 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to see your archived emails and recover it back to the Inbox list so you can use the email to reply or forward.
- Go to the Gmail app, and tap on the hamburger icon at the upper left.
- Find and select the All mail folder. This folder represents all emails you have received, including the archived ones.
- Take a look at the emails I pointed with a red arrow. They don't have an “Inbox”, which means they are archived emails.Advertisement
- Now, select on that emails and tap on the menu icon at the upper right.
- Then select Move to Inbox option.
- Now the emails have an “Inbox”. You can go back to the Inbox folder to see the emails.
- Gmail account
- Android phone
- Archived emails
See? Not so hard at all. Actually, you can use the search bar to find the archive email using specific keywords, such as sender name, content, attachment name, or email address.
I have made an article regarding how to find archived email on Gmail desktop version. You probably want to check it out.
Alright, that’s it! I hope this guide helps you solve the problem.