Time Needed : 2 minutes
Some websites are click-baiting their content, leading to some confusion for visitors that came from Google search results. Although you can remember the name and avoid those websites altogether, there's a simple way to block certain websites from the search results. Check out this guide!
- Install a free extension named uBlacklist for Chrome or Firefox.
- Click Add extension.
- After the extension installed, you can see a Block this site button on every piece of websites on search results.
- Click Block to confirm. You may add some rules here if you are a developer enough.Advertisement
- Now, the website you blocked will be hidden from Google search results.
- To show the backlisted websites, just click the Show button from uBlacklist notice.
- Google Chrome PC
- Browser Extension
An alternative way to block a certain website on Google
You can also use a special query on Google by adding “-domain.com” after or before the keyword. Look at the examples below:
- buy new iPhone -amazon.com
- -vimeo.com funny cats videos
- recent news today -cnn.com -cnet.com
This alternative method can be used on all Google search platforms, such as desktop, tablet, and smartphone. I hope that helps!