According to TechSpot, the “Run as Administrator” mode provides a higher integrity level thus gives clearance for features that may require additional access.
That being said, not all programs need to be run using “Administrator” privilege. Some are just okay to run under a regular integrity and security level.
Luckily, you can always disable the Run as Administrator feature on any application on Windows 10, though the process should be the same for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
How to disable “Run as Administrator” on Windows 10
Time Needed : 2 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to disable the “Run as Administrator” mode for a specific application (executable file) on Windows 10. That way, the program would run almost instantaneously without confirmation.
- Locate the executable program you want to disable its “Run as Administrator status. It usually marked as an “Application” under the Type tag.
- Right-click on it, and select Properties.Advertisement
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK and run the program to see the result.
- Windows 10
- Program (executable file)
Now the program will run without Administrator confirmation. However, you probably notice the program’s icon still contains an Administrator shield logo. It will disappear once you restart the computer.
If you want to run the program using Administrator privilege again, just right-click on the program and Run as administrator.
Alright! That’s it. I hope it helps. Please let me know if there is something you want to ask.