Google My Business is a free listing service for your small company to spread visibility through the internet, particularly from Google Search Engine. Once you type your business name on Google, the search result will provide numbers of information regarding the business you run. It certainly would improve brand awareness over the people.
Google’s My Business profile is much like yellow pages back in the 1980s, but it more powerful and can reach a vast audience for free. No matter what kind of business you currently operate, creating a profile on the internet is overwhelmingly recommended.
So, how to list my business to Google?
How to Make Google My Business Account
1. Make sure you had logged in to your Google account, then go to Create My Business page to start.
2. Fill the name of your business and click Next to continue.
3. Now, input your business location. Make sure you provide a clear and complete address, including country/region, street address, city, province, and postal code. The address will play an essential role in verification. Then, click Next.
4. Albeit you have been filled the address, pointing your exact location would improve the business visibility when using Google Maps. Drag the red pin to locate your business. TIP: activate Satellite mode for a better view.
When you have done, click Next.
5. Choose your business category based on the existing list. Google does not allow to fill different category outside the list. Click Next to continue.
5. Write your business’s phone number. It will be displayed for the public; that way they can reach you for reservation or question.
But, if your business doesn’t have a phone number, you can skip the step. Click Next to skip or proceed.
6. Almost done! Click Continue.
7. Fill the receiver name with your name and click Mail.
8. Now, your business submission has sent to Google. You will receive a verification mail soon. At this moment you can Customize Listing while waiting for the (physical) mail to arrive which may take 2-4 days.
You can add a profile photo, description, work hour, photo, video, and other information that you want to share about your business. More detailed information could help your customer understand the business they’re about to encounter.
The mail will provide a verification code and guide to activate it. Once My Business page activated, it may take a few days or weeks until your business displayed on a listing at the search engine result.
Good luck! 🙂