Stardew Valley is a popular farming simulation role-playing game where you can build relationships with townspeople and eventually get married. Getting married in Stardew Valley can provide both personal fulfillment through romantic relationships, as well as practical in-game benefits. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the entire process step-by-step.
Table of Contents
Eligible Marriage Candidates
There are 12 marriage candidates to choose from in Stardew Valley:
You can marry any of these characters regardless of your player character’s gender.
Before you can propose, you need to build up your relationship level with your intended partner to 10 hearts. There are a few ways to raise relationship levels:
- Talk to them daily: The easiest way to build relationship is through regular conversation. Make sure to talk to your love interest every day.
- Give gifts: Find out your love interest’s favorite gifts and give them a couple times per week. Pay attention to their birthdays too.
- Complete quests: Some characters may give you quests that raise relationship levels when completed.
- Trigger heart events: Special cutscenes occur at certain heart levels that boost your relationship.
Getting to 10 hearts can take awhile, but it’s worthwhile for marriage!
Obtain the Mermaid’s Pendant
Once you reach 10 hearts with your love interest, you need to obtain a special item to propose called the Mermaid’s Pendant.
Here is how to get it:
- Wait for a rainy day and go to the beach on the east side of the map.
- Walk across the bridge and keep going east until you reach the tidal pools area.
- An Old Mariner NPC will be waiting here with the Mermaid’s Pendant to sell for 5000g.
- Purchase the pendant and you are now ready to propose!
- Make sure you have the Mermaid’s Pendant in your inventory.
- Walk up and interact with your love interest.
- Select the option “Propose” and they will accept!
The wedding day will then be scheduled for 3 days later, as long as there are no other town events planned already.
On the scheduled wedding day:
- Make your way over to the beach on the west side at around 10-11am.
- A wedding scene will play out where you exchange vows and get married!
- Afterward, your new spouse moves onto your farm.
And that’s it! You’re now happily married in Stardew Valley. Make sure to talk to your spouse daily and give the occasional gift to keep your marriage strong!
Getting married in Stardew Valley can be deeply fulfilling and worthwhile. I hope this guide gave you all the steps needed to successfully propose and get married to your favorite Stardew Valley bachelor or bachelorette! Let me know if you have any other questions.