Hulu Live TV is a popular live TV streaming service that offers access to over 75+ live channels and Hulu’s on-demand library for one monthly price. However, you may decide you want to cancel Hulu Live TV at some point due to cost, channel selection, or other reasons. Canceling Hulu Live TV is easy to do but there are a few things you should know first.
Table of Contents
When Can You Cancel Hulu Live TV
You can cancel Hulu Live TV at any time. There is no contract so you can sign up and cancel whenever is convenient for you.
How to Cancel Hulu Live TV
Canceling Hulu Live TV only takes a few minutes. Here is the process:
- Log Into Your Hulu Account: Go to www.hulu.com and click “Log In” in the upper right corner. Enter your email and password to access your account.
- Go to Your Account Page: Once logged in, click your account icon in the top right and select “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Cancel Subscription”: On the Account page, click the “Cancel Subscription” link near the top of the page.
- Confirm Cancellation: A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm cancellation. Click “Continue to Cancel”.
- Pick Your Cancellation Date: You can choose to have your subscription end immediately or at the end of your current billing cycle. Select your preferred cancellation date.
- Confirm and Finish: Click “Confirm Cancellation” to complete the process. You will receive a confirmation email with details.
And that’s it! Hulu makes it simple to cancel Live TV. The whole process only takes a few clicks.
When Does Cancellation Take Effect
If you select “Cancel Immediately”, your subscription will end right away and you’ll no longer have access to Hulu Live TV. However, if you choose “Cancel at the end of the billing cycle”, you will continue to have access until the end date when your next payment would have been charged.
So if you paid on January 1st and decide to cancel on January 15th, you’ll still be able to use Hulu Live TV until February 1st. This allows you to finish out the month you already paid for.
Can You Reactivate Hulu Live TV
Yes, if you cancel Hulu Live TV you can resubscribe again in the future. Your account will be saved so you can simply log back in and restart your subscription. You won’t lose your watch history or saved shows either.
However, if you cancel and reactivate multiple times in a short period, Hulu may block you from restarting for a certain time period. But in general, you can cancel and rejoin anytime with no penalty.
Getting a Refund for Hulu Live TV
Since Hulu Live TV bills in advance on a monthly basis, you likely will not get a refund if you cancel mid-cycle. The payment for that month is generally non-refundable.
But if you just signed up and cancel very quickly, you might be eligible for a full or prorated refund depending on how long you had the service. You would need to contact Hulu Customer Service to request a refund.
Other Options Besides Cancellation
If cost is your reason for wanting to cancel Hulu Live TV, you may want to consider:
- Downgrading to the basic Hulu plan – You’ll save money with on-demand only access.
- Pausing your subscription – You can temporarily pause for up to 12 weeks every year.
- Switching billing dates – Move your billing date to better align with your pay schedule.
This allows you to keep Hulu while reducing costs in the short term. You can always come back to Live TV later.
What to Do Before Cancelling
Before you cancel, be sure to:
- Download any DVR recordings you want to keep as they will be lost after cancellation.
- Watch your favorite live shows in case you don’t return.
- Review billing details so there’s no confusion later.
- Consider pausing instead if you think you may reactivate soon.
Taking these steps allows for a smooth transition upon cancelling your Hulu Live TV subscription.
Contacting Hulu Support
If you have any trouble cancelling Hulu Live TV or have questions about the process, you can contact Hulu Support through:
- Online Chat – Chat live with a support agent in the Hulu app or website.
- Email – Send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
- Phone – Call 888-265-6650 to speak with Hulu support 24/7.
The support team can walk you through cancellation or troubleshoot any issues that come up along the way.
What to Use Instead of Hulu Live TV
If you like the experience of Hulu Live TV but want to cut costs or change services, some alternatives to consider include:
- YouTube TV – Offers 80+ channels for $64.99/month. Has unlimited DVR.
- Sling TV – Stream 30+ channels for only $35/month. More add-ons available.
- Philo – Budget option with 60+ channels for just $25/month.
- FuboTV – Great for sports fans with 100+ channels but costs $69.99/month
- DirecTV Stream – Robust packages from $69.99/month up to 140+ channels.
While no service offers the exact same mix of channels and features as Hulu Live TV, these alternatives give you other options to choose from in the live streaming space.
Canceling Hulu Live TV is quick and straightforward. Just log into your account, access the cancellation page, confirm your request, and pick a final billing date. You won’t be locked into any contracts and can resubscribe down the road if you choose.