Tidal is a popular music streaming service that offers high-quality audio and exclusive content from major artists. With over 80 million tracks in its catalog, Tidal has become the preferred destination for audiophiles and music enthusiasts.
While Tidal allows you to stream music on all your devices, saving songs locally for offline playback requires a few extra steps. In this guide, we’ll show you how to download and save songs, albums, and playlists from Tidal to your computer or phone so you can listen anytime – even without an internet connection.
Table of Contents
- Downloading Tidal Music to Your Phone
- Downloading Tidal Music to Your Computer
- Listening to Downloaded Tidal Music Offline
- Tips for Downloading from Tidal
Downloading Tidal Music to Your Phone
Tidal offers a download feature in its mobile apps for iOS and Android. This allows premium subscribers to save music onto their phone’s storage for offline playback. Here’s how to use it:
1. Open the Tidal App on Your Phone
Launch the latest version of the Tidal app on your iPhone or Android device. Make sure you’re logged into your Tidal account.
2. Find the Album, Playlist or Tracks to Download
Use Tidal’s search feature or browse sections to find an album, playlist or individual tracks you want to download for offline listening.
3. Tap the Download Button
Open the album page or playlist and tap the Download button at the top right. For individual tracks, tap the 3-dot menu next to the track name and select Download.
4. Check Download Progress
Downloaded albums and playlists will appear under My Collection > Downloads. Wait for the tracks to fully download before going offline.
5. Listen Offline
To listen offline, simply turn off your internet connection. Open Tidal and go to My Collection > Downloads to access your saved music.
That’s all there is to it! The downloaded songs will only work within the Tidal app and won’t be saved as local files on your phone’s storage.
Downloading Tidal Music to Your Computer
Unfortunately, Tidal does not allow you to directly download music onto your computer as local files. However, there is a workaround using a third-party Tidal downloader app.
Here are the steps to use NoteBurner Tidal Music Converter to save songs, albums and playlists from Tidal to your Windows or Mac computer:
1. Install and Launch NoteBurner
Download and install NoteBurner Tidal Music Converter on your computer. Sign up for a free trial or purchase a license key.
2. Log Into Your Tidal Account
In NoteBurner, go to Tidal tab > Account Settings. Log into your Tidal premium account so NoteBurner can access your music library.
3. Add Tidal Playlists
Go to Tidal tab and select Add Tidal Playlists. Choose the playlists, albums or tracks you want to download.
4. Select Output Format
In the Convert settings, set output format as MP3, M4A, FLAC or others. You can also customize output folder location.
5. Convert and Download
Finally, click Convert to start downloading and converting Tidal music to local files saved on your computer.
The downloaded files will now work with any media player on your computer. You can also transfer them to USB drives, burn CDs and more.
Listening to Downloaded Tidal Music Offline
Once you’ve downloaded songs and playlists from Tidal onto your phone or computer, listening offline is easy:
- On Mobile: Turn on Airplane mode or disable mobile data/Wi-Fi. Open Tidal and access downloads from My Collection.
- On Computer: Access the local files saved by the Tidal downloader in your music library or media player. No internet is required.
Tips for Downloading from Tidal
Here are some additional tips when downloading music from Tidal:
- Downloads work only with Tidal HiFi tier which allows offline listening.
- Use Wi-Fi to download large playlists and albums to avoid mobile data charges.
- Music downloaded on phone or computer is for your personal use only.
- Check download quality settings to prefer High or Master quality before downloading.
- Downloaded playlists continue to update if new songs are added to the playlist.
- On iPhone, use the Offline Mode in Settings to only play downloaded music.
So that’s how you can download DRM-free music from Tidal and listen offline on phone, computer or any device. With these simple steps, you’ll always have your favorite tunes on hand – no internet required!