Taking screenshots on your Moto Z2 Force Edition phone is easy and straightforward. Here is a comprehensive guide on the different methods you can use:
Table of Contents
Using the Power and Volume Down Buttons
The easiest way to take a screenshot on the Moto Z2 Force is by using the power and volume down buttons located on the right side of the phone:
- Go to the screen you want to capture. This can be anything displayed on your phone – a web page, app screen, message thread etc.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously for 2-3 seconds until you hear a camera shutter sound.
- You will see a preview thumbnail of the screenshot in the bottom left corner. Tap on it to view and edit the image.
The screenshot will be automatically saved in the Photos app > Screenshots folder.
Using Three Finger Gestures
You can also take screenshots by swiping down with three fingers:
- Enable the three finger screenshot gesture in the Moto app > Moto Actions settings.
- Go to the screen you want to capture.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen with three fingers in one smooth gesture. You will hear a shutter click sound.
- Preview and access the screenshot from the Photos app.
This method makes it easy to take screenshots without pressing any buttons. You can even capture full webpages by scrolling down as you swipe.
Editing and Sharing Screenshots
Once you have captured a screenshot, you can edit and share it easily:
- Open the screenshot in the Photos app. Tap the Edit icon.
- Crop, rotate or draw on your screenshots. Add text, stickers and more editing options.
- To share, tap the share button and select an app – email, messaging apps, social media etc.
- You can also set the screenshot as wallpaper directly from the editing screen.
Finding All Screenshots
All screenshots taken on the Moto Z2 Force are saved in the Photos app in the Screenshots folder. You can access them quickly here without having to go through your entire photo gallery.
Changing Screenshot Settings
To change screenshot options:
- Go to Settings > Display > Advanced
- Tap on Screenshot settings
- Choose if you want to show a preview thumbnail after capturing screenshots. Turn off the shutter sound if you prefer silent screenshots.
Using Third Party Screenshot Apps
While the built-in options work fine, you can check out third party apps like Longshot and Screen Master if you need additional screenshot features like scrolling capture, screen recording, editing tools etc. These apps can be downloaded for free from the Google Play store.
In summary, taking and managing screenshots on the Moto Z2 Force phone is very simple. With just two buttons or a three finger gesture, you can capture any screen content. The built-in editing options also make it easy to draw, add text and share your screenshots. Use the methods outlined above to take full advantage of screenshot capabilities on your Moto Z2 Force Edition.