Disney Plus is the popular streaming service from Disney that gives you access to movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Studios. If you have an Apple TV, here is a step-by-step guide to downloading and installing the Disney Plus app.
Table of Contents
Compatible Apple TV Models
Disney Plus is compatible with the following Apple TV models:
- Apple TV HD (4th generation)
- Apple TV 4K
Older Apple TV models unfortunately do not support the Disney Plus app.
Sign Up for Disney Plus
Before you can install the app, you’ll need to sign up for a Disney Plus account:
- Go to disneyplus.com on your computer or mobile device
- Click on Get Disney+
- Choose either the monthly ($7.99/month) or annual ($79.99/year) plan
- Enter your email and create a password
- Provide payment details
You can also get a 7-day free trial to test out the service.
Download the Disney Plus App on Apple TV
Once signed up, here is how to download the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV:
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the Home screen
- Scroll down and select the App Store icon
- Type “Disney Plus” into the Search field
- Select the Disney Plus app from the search results
- Click on Get and then Install to download the app
- Once installed, the app icon will appear on your Home screen
Log In and Start Watching
To log in and start streaming:
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV
- Enter your Disney Plus email and password
- Start browsing movies, TV shows, and originals
- Select a title to start watching!
You can browse by studio, recently added titles, recommendations, and more.
When you first launch the app, set up profile for each member of your household. This allows you to have personalized watch lists and recommendations for every viewer.
To add a new profile:
- Open the Disney Plus app
- Click on your profile icon in the top right
- Select “Add Profile”
- Choose an avatar and enter a name
Switch between profiles by selecting the profile icon. Add as many custom profiles as you need!
Downloading for Offline Viewing
You can also download movies and TV shows to watch offline when you don’t have an internet connection.
Here is how to download on Apple TV:
- Find the movie or TV series you want to download
- Click on the download icon (downward arrow)
- Select Download
- Open the Downloads section to find your downloaded content
Anything marked with the download icon can be saved for offline viewing.
Disney also offers robust parental control options to restrict access to mature content. You can set restrictions based on rating or even lock down access to entire profiles.
To manage parental controls:
- Open the app and go to Profile > Settings
- Enter your account password
- Go to Parental Controls
- Choose content ratings and profile restrictions
Set up a Kids Profile to only allow access to family-friendly content. Parents can enjoy the full catalog while restricting what your little ones can watch.
That covers everything you need to know to download, install, and start streaming Disney Plus on your Apple TV. Sign up for an account, install the app, create profiles, download your favorites, and most importantly – start watching!
Disney Plus offers unlimited entertainment from Disney classics to the Star Wars universe, Marvel superheroes, Pixar adventures, and so much more. There is something for viewers of all ages to enjoy.
Set up personalized profiles so everyone in the family can bookmark their favorites and resume shows from where they left off. Take your entertainment to go by downloading movies and shows to watch offline. And customize parental controls to ensure age-appropriate content viewing for kids.
If you love Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and beyond – Disney Plus is a must-have streaming app for your Apple TV. Download it today to dive into the magical world of Disney entertainment!