Google Keep is a popular note-taking app that allows you to easily capture thoughts, ideas, to-do lists, and more. With deep integration across Google’s products, Keep makes it simple to save content from Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and more directly into notes.
One handy feature is the ability to email content directly into your Keep account inbox. This allows you to forward emails from Gmail or other accounts into notes for easy access later. Here’s how it works.
Table of Contents
- A Google account
- The Google Keep mobile app or Chrome extension installed
Forward an Email from Gmail to Google Keep
Forwarding emails from your Gmail account into Keep notes is simple:
- Open the email in Gmail that you want to save to Keep
- Click the Keep icon in the right side panel
- A note will automatically be created in Keep with the email content and link back to the original message
- Optional: Edit the note title or add labels
- Click Done to save the note
The email content and link will now be securely saved in your Keep account for easy access later.
Forward an Email from Another Account to Google Keep
You can also forward emails from Outlook, Yahoo, or any email account into Keep.
- Forward the email to your Gmail address
- Open the forwarded email in Gmail
- Click the Keep icon in the right panel
- A note will be automatically created with the content
- Optional: Customize the note with labels, color, etc.
- Click Done to save
The email is now saved to your Keep account. This provides a centralized place to access important emails later, even if they originated from another email provider.
Save Webpage Content to Google Keep
In addition to emails, you can also save webpages directly into Keep notes:
- Navigate to the webpage you want to save
- Click the Keep Chrome extension icon
- Optional: Edit the note title
- Click Save to add the webpage content to a note
This saves an offline version of the webpage content that you can access anytime, even without an internet connection.
Collaborate on Notes
Keep allows you to collaborate on notes with others:
- Open the note you want to collaborate on
- Click the Collaborator icon
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share with
- Click Done
Now anyone you share with can view or edit that note. Changes will automatically sync across users in real-time.
Access Notes Offline
Keep offers offline access to notes:
- On Android, enable offline access in Settings
- On iOS, enable offline access in Keep’s app settings
- In Chrome, install the Keep Chrome extension
Offline notes will sync back to your account once you regain an internet connection.
To quickly search through your notes:
- On mobile: Tap the search bar at the top
- On the web: Use the search box in the side panel
- In Gmail: Type
#keepplus a search term in any email and relevant notes will appear
Keep will scan through the contents of all your notes and lists to find matches.
Take advantage of Keep’s customization features:
- Change note color: Click the color palette icon to choose a color
- Add labels: Use labels like tags to organize notes
- Set reminders: Have Keep remind you to follow up on a note later
- Archive notes: Click the archive icon to get notes out of the way but still have them searchable
If you ever want to export your Keep notes:
- Open Google Takeout
- Deselect all except Keep
- Click Export to download your notes
This will give you a back-up of all Keep data that you can store externally or import into another app later if needed.
With deep Gmail integration, collaboration features, offline access, and advanced customization, Google Keep offers an incredibly convenient way to email and forward content into easily accessible notes. Take full advantage of its capabilities to capture important information from across the web and make sure it’s available right when you need it!