Boomerang looping video clips have become hugely popular on social media platforms like Instagram and Snapchat. These short, endlessly repeating video clips add a fun, engaging element to social media posts.
If you’re not already familiar with Boomerangs, they are short 1-2 second video clips that play forward and then backward in an endless loop. They are easy to create and can make almost any short action captivating and entertaining to watch over and over.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know to make and share Boomerang clips on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
- What is a Boomerang Clip?
- Why Share Boomerangs on Snapchat?
- How to Make a Boomerang on Snapchat
- Sharing Your Snapchat Boomerangs
- Expert Boomerang Tips & Tricks
- FAQs About Boomerangs on Snapchat
- Become a Boomerang Master!
What is a Boomerang Clip?
A Boomerang clip is a short, 1-2 second video that loops back and forth seamlessly. So a clip of someone waving plays forward, then backward, then forward again in an endless cycle. This creates a captivating mini-video that draws the viewer’s attention.
Boomerang clips are extremely popular on Instagram, where they are natively supported within Instagram Stories. Snapchat has its own version of Boomerangs called “Bounce” clips. They work the same way but have some additional creation options exclusive to Snapchat.
There are a few key reasons why Boomerang clips work extremely well for Snapchat:
- They are short and loop – Perfectly suited for the quick, ephemeral nature of Snapchat
- Easy to create – No extra apps or editing required
- Fun and engaging – The looping effect catches viewers’ attention
- Creative expression – Boomerangs lend themselves to funny, silly, creative videos
In short, if you want to share fun, eye-catching short videos with friends on Snapchat, Boomerang is the perfect way to do it.
How to Make a Boomerang on Snapchat
Creating a Boomerang clip on Snapchat using the Bounce feature just takes a few taps:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the capture button to record a 1-2 second video
- On the right side of the preview screen, tap the infinity icon (∞) until the word “Bounce” appears
- Move the Bounce slider bars to select the portion of the clip you want to loop
- (Optional) Add captions, stickers, drawings to personalize your Boomerang
- Share your creation!
And that’s it! Snapchat makes it incredibly easy to create these looping videos without any extra work.
Boomerang Clip Tips
To make the most eye-catching Boomerangs, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose a short, continuous action – someone dancing, waving, jumping rope
- Have the subject move across the frame for interest
- Use good, bright lighting so your clip is clear
- Hold the camera steady while recording
- Have fun with it! Silly, playful clips tend to make the best Boomerangs
With some practice, you’ll be creating awesome Boomerangs in no time!
Sharing Your Snapchat Boomerangs
Once you’ve created a stellar Boomerang clip, you’ll want to share it so others can enjoy it too. Snapchat makes it easy to spread your creation.
Send your clip directly to friends in a Snap. They can view it once before it disappears. Share your silly clips for a good laugh!
Add your Boomerang to your Snapchat Story so all your friends can see it. Stories last 24 hours. Use Stories to showcase your best, most creative clips!
Spotlight is Snapchat’s public feed of the most entertaining Snaps. Submit your best Boomerang here for a chance to go viral to Snapchat’s community!
Expert Boomerang Tips & Tricks
Take your Snaps to the next level with these advanced Boomerang techniques:
- Use fast or slow motion – Speed up or slow down your Boomerang for dramatic effect
- Highlight an action – Zoom in on subject’s face or feet to focus the action
- Tell a story – Sequence multiple short Boomerangs together into a narrative
- Get creative with effects like stickers, text, and drawings to spice up your clips
- Play with unique perspectives – shoot from down low, above, or super close-up
With some experimentation, you can create truly one-of-a-kind Boomerangs that will mesmerize friends and followers!
FAQs About Boomerangs on Snapchat
How long should my Boomerang be?
Ideally 1-2 seconds is best. You want a single action that is short enough to loop seamlessly.
Can I make a Boomerang on Android?
Unfortunately the Bounce feature is not yet available on Android. However, you can use third party apps to create a Boomerang, save it, then upload it to Snapchat.
What apps are best for making Boomerangs?
On iOS, the Boomerang apps by Instagram is fantastic. For Android, try apps like Loopvid, Boomerang Video Editor, or InShot.
What makes a good Boomerang?
Choose an interesting action, move across the frame, use good lighting, and shoot steadily. Play with perspectives and effects to take it to the next level.
Become a Boomerang Master!
As you can see, Snapchat makes it incredibly simple and fun to create your own Boomerang short videos. By following this guide, you’ll be able to make creative looping clips and share them with friends in just minutes.
So grab your phone and start shooting your first Snapchat Boomerang masterpiece now!