Managing events on a shared calendar is crucial for teams and organizations to stay organized and aligned. Zoho Calendar offers excellent features to collaboratively create, edit, and manage events across shared calendars.
Table of Contents
The first step is to share calendars with the appropriate team members in Zoho Calendar. As the calendar owner, you have full control and can share it publicly or privately with individuals or groups.
To share a calendar:
- Login to your Zoho Calendar
- Right-click the calendar in the left pane and select Share Calendar
- Choose to share publicly or privately
- Public – Anyone with the link can view the calendar. You can restrict details visibility.
- Private – Share with specific Zoho users or groups with edit access.
Pro Tip: When sharing privately, you can assign different permission levels like free/busy visibility, event details visibility, editing rights etc.
Collaboratively Manage Events
Once a calendar is shared, team members with access can collaboratively manage events:
Create Team Events
- Anyone with edit rights can create events on the shared calendar.
- They can also see others’ availability and schedule accordingly.
- Shared events can be edited by organizers or those with edit rights.
- Changes are synced across attendee calendars.
- Comment on events for discussions and feedback.
- Start chat conversations with attendees within Zoho Calendar.
- Add internal team members as co-organizers to collaborate on large events.
- Co-organizers have equal ownership of events.
Here are some tips to effectively use shared calendars:
- Multiple team calendars – Create separate calendars for specific teams and projects.
- Visibility settings – Configure appropriate visibility for attendees and events.
- Calendar colors – Use colors to differentiate multiple calendars.
- Recurring meetings – Schedule weekly/monthly recurring meetings.
- Calendar sync – Sync shared calendars across devices.
- Event notifications – Enable notifications for quick updates.
- Integrate calendars – Connect with other tools like Zoho CRM, Zoho Desk etc.
- Events - Launches, campaigns, promotions
- Visible to - Marketing team
- Events - Calls, meetings, follow-ups
- Visible to - Sales team
Company Events Calendar
- Events - Townhalls, off-sites, social events
- Visible to - Organization
By thoughtfully organizing shared calendars, teams can achieve transparency, alignment, and efficiency.
You can also embed shared Zoho calendars on your:
- Public websites
- Client portals
- Intranet sites
For example, a services business can showcase consultant availability through an embedded booking calendar on their website.
Steps to Embed a Calendar
- Make the calendar public in Zoho Calendar
- Copy embed code from Zoho Calendar details
- Paste code in your website HTML
The calendar will now be visible to all site visitors.
Zoho Calendar is an invaluable tool for organizations to plan and execute events seamlessly. With calendar sharing options, intuitive interfaces, and powerful integrations, teams stay on top of schedules and deadlines.
The key is to thoughtfully structure shared calendars and configure visibility settings to meet specific business needs. This ensures the right events and availability details are accessible to relevant stakeholders.
With some discipline around organization-wide calendar hygiene, companies can drive productivity, transparency, and collaboration across departments.
Over time, these shared calendars become the single source of truth for all events, meetings, schedules – enabling teams to achieve peak alignment.
Let me know if you have any other questions!