As a Spotify user who creates multiple playlists, you may eventually want to delete some playlists that you no longer listen to or need. Removing unwanted Spotify playlists helps keep your library organized and clutter-free. Fortunately, deleting playlists on Spotify is a simple process that can be done in just a few clicks on any device.
Table of Contents
My Experience with Spotify Playlists
As a long-time Spotify user, I have created hundreds of playlists over the years. Playlists help me organize the music I love by mood, genre, decade, artist, and more. However, as my tastes change, some playlists fall out of rotation. Every few months, I like to go through my Spotify library and remove playlists I no longer listen to. It helps keep things fresh and organized.
Through trial and error, I’ve found quick and easy ways to delete Spotify playlists on both mobile and desktop. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll share step-by-step instructions to remove playlists on iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, and the web player.
How to Delete a Spotify Playlist on Mobile
Deleting a playlist via the Spotify mobile app only takes a few taps. Here are separate sets of instructions for iPhone and Android devices:
Delete Playlist on iPhone
- Open the Spotify app
- Tap “Your Library” at the bottom
- Locate the playlist you want to delete
- Tap the three dots next to the playlist name
- Select “Delete” from the menu
- Confirm deletion in the pop-up prompt
Delete Playlist on Android
- Launch the Spotify app
- Tap “Your Library”
- Find the playlist you want to remove
- Tap the three-dot menu next to the playlist
- Choose “Delete playlist”
- Confirm deletion
And you’re done! The playlist will immediately be removed from your Spotify account on all devices.
How to Delete a Spotify Playlist on Desktop
Deleting playlists via the desktop app is just as easy as on mobile. Here are the steps for Mac and PC:
Delete Playlist on Mac
- Open Spotify and click “Your Library”
- Right-click the playlist you want to delete
- Select “Delete” from the dropdown menu
- Confirm deletion in the pop-up window
Delete Playlist on Windows PC
- Launch Spotify and click “Your Library”
- Right-click the playlist you want to remove
- Choose “Delete” from the menu
- Click “Delete” again to confirm
After following these simple steps, the playlist will immediately vanish from your Spotify account across all platforms.
Other Useful Tips for Managing Playlists
In addition to deleting playlists entirely, there are a couple other handy tips for managing your Spotify playlists:
- Unfollow a playlist – If you want to remove a playlist from your library that you didn’t create, right-click it and choose “Remove from Your Library.” This unfollows the playlist rather than deleting it.
- Recover recently deleted playlists – Accidentally delete something? No worries — you can recover deleted playlists for up to 90 days after removal by clicking “Recover Playlist” on desktop.
- Create playlist folders – Organize playlists into folders using the “Create folder” option on desktop. Nest folders within folders for next-level organization.
With these simple steps, you can easily delete any Spotify playlist directly from your mobile device or computer. Removing outdated or unused playlists helps keep your Spotify account clean and organized. I recommend periodically clearing out old playlists to make room for new music discoveries!
Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions about managing Spotify playlists. I’m happy to help fellow Spotify users keep their accounts in tip-top shape.