Table of Contents
Why You Might Want to Fake Your Location on Hinge
There are a few reasons why someone might want to fake their location on the Hinge dating app:
- To match with people in a different city you are visiting or moving to
- To access more potential matches if you live in a remote area
- For privacy reasons to hide your real location
- To bypass geo-restrictions if the app is not available in your country
Is it Possible to Fake Your Location on Hinge?
Yes, it is possible to fake or change your location displayed on Hinge. However, it does require manually updating your location in the app settings rather than using your phone’s GPS signal.
- Hinge is designed for relationship building rather than casual hookups, so locations do not update automatically based on your device’s location services.
- The app relies on the location you manually enter in your profile settings.
So if you want Hinge to display an different location than your actual location, you’ll need to change it manually.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Location on Hinge
Follow these simple steps to change your location displayed on Hinge:
- Open the Hinge app and go to your profile
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right
- Scroll down and select Preferences
- Tap on My Neighborhood
- Search for and select your desired new location on the map
- Tap the circle button next to Visible on Profile to make your location public
- Click Save Changes to confirm
- Launch the Hinge app and go to your profile
- Tap the 3 lines Menu icon in the top right
- Choose Settings > Preferences > My Neighborhood
- Search or pan/zoom on the map to set your new location
- Tap the circle button next to Visible on Profile
- Click Save Changes to update your location
That’s it! Hinge will now display your manually entered location rather than your actual GPS location.
Using a Location Spoofer App on Hinge
Another option is to use a fake GPS or mock locations app that allows you to spoof your phone’s location.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Enable developer options and allow mock locations in your device settings first
- Choose a reliable, highly-rated GPS spoofing app from the app store
- The spoofed location will apply system-wide, not just to Hinge
- Location spoofing can cause issues with location-based apps
Some recommended Android mock location apps:
- Fake GPS Location Spoofer
- Fake GPS GO Location Spoofer
- Mock Locations
And for iPhone:
- Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS)
- iToolbox – Virtual Location
Protecting Your Privacy When Changing Locations
While seeking matches in other locations can expand your dating pool, it also introduces some privacy risks:
- Your profile is visible to more people in that location
- Device location services can be used to detect fake locations
- Using public WiFi exposes your data to snooping
Here are some tips to stay private and secure:
- Use a VPN to encrypt data and hide your IP address
- Turn off location services for Hinge after setting your fake location
- Avoid connecting Hinge to social media accounts
- Set your profile to only be visible to people you’ve liked
Manually changing your location in Hinge is straightforward on both iPhone and Android devices. For extra privacy, use a reliable location spoofing app or VPN.
Just be aware that fake locations come with some risks. Use good judgement when deciding whether to bypass geo-restrictions. And never falsify your location for unethical reasons.
I hope this comprehensive guide gives you what you need to safely change your displayed location while using the Hinge dating application! Let me know if you have any other questions.