Brushes in Photoshop is a powerful tool to add astonishing effect to the photo. There are tons of free brushes available on the internet.
But, if you want, you can create your own brush on Photoshop.
In this tutorial, I’m going to use CS4 but should be fine for other versions. All you need to have is a basic knowledge about Photoshop.
How to make your own brush in Photoshop
1. First, open your Photoshop software and create a new page by File → New… or pressing CTRL+N.
You can choose the dimension, resolution, color mode, and background of the page. Then, click OK.
2. Now, it’s time to design your own brush. You can draw something using Pencil Tool or import existing image as your new brushes.
For example, I simply fill the background with black color by pressing SHIFT+F5, select Black, and OK.
3. Once you have done, go to Edit and then choose Define Brush Preset…
4. Name your new brushes and click OK to continue.
5. Finally, the brush is available in the Brush Tool context menu. You can customize the style, spacing, diameter, texture, edges, and other wide-range configurations.
The new brushes are permanent unless you decide to delete or uninstall Photoshop.
If you have any difficulties with this guide, don’t hesitate to ask me in the comment section below. I will answer your question immediately 🙂