Devant is a popular brand of Android smart TVs that uses the Vewd operating system. This allows access to apps through the Vewd App Store. However, updating and installing new apps has some limitations compared to other Android TVs.
Table of Contents
Updating Apps on Devant Smart TVs
Unfortunately, Devant smart TVs do not allow manual app updates. As I have experience using these TVs, all apps on Devant sets are managed and updated remotely by Vewd through their cloud service.
When an update is available for an app, it will automatically update next time you open the app. There is no way for users to manually trigger app updates. This approach simplifies app management for users, but it means you have to wait for Vewd to push updates rather than updating on your own schedule.
If an app is having issues, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app from the Vewd App Store. But there are no manual update options.
Installing New Apps on Devant TVs
The process to install new apps on Devant Android smart TVs is thankfully straightforward. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Access the Vewd App Store
- From the home screen, select the Vewd App Store icon using your remote. This looks like a white shopping bag icon.
- This will open the App Store where you can browse and search for apps.
Search for Apps
- From the App Store, select the magnifying glass icon to open search.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type in the name of the app you want to install. Suggestions will appear as you type.
- When you see the app you want, select it from the search results.
Install the App
- On the app page, select the “Install” button to begin the installation process.
- A download progress bar will display showing the install status. Wait for this to reach 100%.
- When complete, select “Open” to launch the newly installed app.
And that’s all there is to it! The process is very simple since Vewd handles all the installation and updating processes through their cloud platform.
Tips for Using Apps on Devant TVs
Here are some additional tips for getting the most out of apps based on my experience using Devant smart TVs:
- Apps can sometimes be removed automatically during system updates. If an app disappears, just reinstall it from the Vewd App Store.
- Sideloading third-party Android APK app files is not possible. Apps must be installed from the Vewd App Store.
- Some apps may not show up in search results if they are incompatible with your TV model. Browsing the app categories is sometimes necessary.
- If an app has issues, try deleting and reinstalling first. Check for updates periodically too.
- Consider getting an external streaming device like a Roku or Fire TV Stick for more app options. These can be used with your Devant TV’s HDMI ports.
I hope this guide gives you a better understanding of how to update and install apps on Devant smart TVs! Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions.