YouTube Shorts are short, entertaining, vertical videos that are gaining immense popularity. With the rise of TikTok and Instagram Reels, bite-sized vertical videos are the new sensation.
While YouTube Shorts are designed for smartphones, you can also watch them on an iPad with some easy tweaks. Here is a detailed guide on how to watch YouTube Shorts on an iPad.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites for Watching YouTube Shorts on an iPad
Before you get started, ensure the following:
- You have an iPad device: YouTube Shorts are compatible with iPad models running iOS 13 or later. Older models may face issues.
- The YouTube app is updated: Regularly update the YouTube app on your iPad to the latest version from the App Store. This ensures you have access to new features.
- Stable internet connection: YouTube Shorts requires fast buffering, so connect your iPad to a strong Wi-Fi network or turn on mobile data.
Once you fulfill these prerequisites, you are all set to enjoy YouTube Shorts seamlessly on your iPad.
Method 1: Using the YouTube App
The easiest way to watch YouTube Shorts on an iPad is through the YouTube app. Just follow these simple steps:
- Launch the YouTube app on your iPad.
- Sign in to your Google account if you want access to personalized content.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Shorts” option.
- This will open the Shorts player. Tap on any Short to start watching it.
- To navigate between Shorts, swipe up or down on the screen.
The latest YouTube app has the Shorts player built-in. So just update the app and access Shorts conveniently.
Method 2: Using a Web Browser
Alternatively, you can watch YouTube Shorts on an iPad using Safari or any web browser:
- Open Safari or your preferred browser on the iPad.
- Go to youtube.com and sign in if needed.
- Tap the “AA” icon on the left of the address bar.
- Select “Request Desktop Website” from the menu.
- When the desktop version loads, click on “Shorts” in the side menu.
- Tap any Short to start watching it and swipe to navigate.
The benefit of using a browser is that you don’t need the YouTube app. But the experience is better directly through the app.
Tips for a Smooth YouTube Shorts Experience on an iPad
Here are some troubleshooting tips in case you face any issues while watching Shorts on an iPad:
- Check your internet connectivity. YouTube Shorts requires fast buffering, so ensure your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection is strong.
- Update the YouTube app for compatibility with Shorts. Older versions may not support Shorts.
- Restart your iPad to refresh the system and clear out minor glitches.
- Switch to a web browser if Shorts aren’t loading properly on the YouTube app.
- Adjust the screen orientation as needed. YouTube Shorts are vertical videos best watched in portrait mode.
- Clear the YouTube app’s cache and data to fix errors from corrupt files.
How to Record and Upload YouTube Shorts from an iPad
Apart from watching, you can also record and upload Shorts directly through the YouTube app on your iPad.
Follow these steps for recording YouTube Shorts on an iPad:
- Open the latest YouTube app and tap on the “Create” button at the bottom.
- Select “Create a Short” from the options. You will enter the Shorts camera.
- Tap on the red button to start recording a 15-second clip. Tap again to stop recording.
- You can string multiple 15-second clips together, up to 60 seconds.
- After recording the clips, add any effects, filters, or text you want.
- Finally, tap on “Next” and add some basic video details before posting it.
The Shorts camera makes vertical video recording and uploading super quick directly on an iPad. So unleash your creativity and connect with new audiences!
Why YouTube Shorts are the Future of Entertainment
YouTube Shorts offer a fun new way to express your creativity and share it widely. Here are some reasons why Shorts are growing exponentially in popularity:
Bite-sized vertical videos: The vertical orientation and 60-second limit make Shorts ideal for consumption on smartphones. They grab attention faster.
Accessible video effects: The Shorts camera offers quick video effects like speed control, music, timers, and more to spruce up your clips.
Simpler sharing: Recording and sharing Shorts is extremely easy from your smartphone or iPad itself through the YouTube app.
Virality on YouTube: The dedicated Shorts feed allows your videos to be discovered by millions of viewers searching for entertaining short clips.
Monetization incentives: YouTube offers money-making and motivation for creators through the Shorts Fund and other monetization options.
As you can see, YouTube Shorts offer an exciting new avenue for creators and viewers alike. The simplicity of Shorts coupled with the vast reach of YouTube is a potent combination.
So tap into vertical videos now by watching, making, and sharing Shorts on your iPad! Let us know if you have any other queries.