eBay is one of the largest e-commerce platforms, with millions of active buyers and sellers. As an active eBay user, you likely have years of purchase history data stored on the platform. Accessing and exporting this data can be useful for tracking your spending over time, reconciling financial records, or even just taking a trip down memory lane.
While eBay does provide some purchase history access directly within your account, there are limitations. The platform only shows basic details on your last 90 days of purchases by default. To access your full purchase data beyond this period, you need to utilize some additional tools.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the various methods for accessing and exporting your full eBay purchase history, including:
Table of Contents
Request an eBay Data Report
The most direct way to access your full eBay purchase history is to request an eBay data report. This detailed report can include all of your eBay transaction data going back up to 7 years.
Here are the steps to request your report:
- Log in to your eBay account on the desktop site
- Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences
- Under the Data Sharing & Personalization section, select “Request your eBay data”
- On the request page, select the default format “Excel”
- For date range, you can select “Custom date range” and input any range in the past 7 years
- Agree to the terms and submit your request
eBay states that it takes around 1 week to compile and process this data report. Once ready, you simply download the Excel file for offline access and analysis. With custom Excel filters, you can break down your purchase data in many ways like total spend per year, top sellers, product categories, etc.
Check PayPal Purchase History
If PayPal was used as the payment method for any of your eBay purchases, you can find more granular transaction details in your PayPal history.
As a digital wallet and payment processor, PayPal stores the full transaction details on their purchases including:
- Exact purchase amount including shipping/taxes
- Seller details
- Date/time of transaction
- Shipping address
- Tracking number (if applicable)
To access this data:
- Sign in to your PayPal account
- Go to Activity > Transactions
- Filter transactions by date range
- Download transaction data as Excel or PDF reports
With the PayPal activity download, you can match up transactions with your eBay purchases. Having the shipping addresses and exact order totals makes reconciling everything much easier.
Use the eBay Purchase History Downloader Extension
If you use the Chrome browser, a handy extension called “eBay Purchase History Downloader” exists to export your full eBay purchase history.
This extension retrieves more detailed data than the eBay data report, including:
- Shipping carrier, service, and tracking number
- Exact order total with shipping/taxes broken down
- Seller username and feedback score
- Category and condition of item purchased
To use it:
- Install the eBay Purchase History Downloader extension in Chrome
- Click on the new extension icon in your toolbar and log in to your eBay account
- Select the date range to export (past 7 years available)
- Export data as a CSV or Excel spreadsheet
This provides the most detailed view of your eBay purchase history while still being easy to access and analyze offline.
What About Beyond 7 Years of History?
eBay and PayPal only store transaction and account data for up to 7 years based on regulatory requirements. If you need to access eBay purchase history beyond that, unfortuantely the options are limited.
Some users reported success contacting eBay customer support to request archived order data going back over a decade in some cases. However, there is no guarantee they still have those older records.
For extremely old transactions, your only record may be digging back through old emails receipts that eBay sent at the time an order was placed. This is tedious but can recover some fragments of data.
Tips for Analyzing Your Purchase Data
Once you’ve exported your eBay purchase history using the above techniques, don’t let that data just sit there! Here are some tips for sorting, analyzing, and visualizing your eBay purchase data over time:
- Categorize transactions with labels like electronics, clothing, home goods based on the item purchased
- Sum totals per year to view your overall eBay spend over time
- Filter by seller to see favorite retailers or total amounts per seller
- Chart categories and sellers as % of total spend each year
- View average shipping cost per order over time
- Analyze feedback of sellers you purchased from most frequently
Doing this analysis provides visibility into your buying habits and trends over time. You can use it to guide future purchasing decisions, identify high-quality sellers to stick with, and much more.
Access Your Purchase Data Today!
As you can see, eBay does provide fairly robust access to your historical purchase data if you use the right tools. Request an eBay data report for a comprehensive overview. Supplement with PayPal history as needed for additional details. And if you want the most granular view, install the eBay Purchase History Downloader.
Following the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to export your full eBay purchase history with ease. Now get out there, request that data, and take control of your purchasing profile!