- To add a layer, simply tap on the “+” button in the toolbar and select a video, image, text, or other overlay to add as a new layer. You can add multiple layers.
- Layers will stack on top of each other in the order they are added. You can reorder layers by dragging them up or down in the layer list on the left side.
- Each layer can be edited independently. Tap on a layer to select it for editing.
- You can trim, resize, rotate, adjust opacity and apply effects to individual layers.
- Use two fingers to rotate a layer or pinch to resize it. Adjust opacity with the slider.
- Layer dominance issues can occur if trying to add layers in the wrong order. Add background layers first.
- Lag or crashing can happen if too many projects or complex edits. Delete old projects and clear app cache to help.
- Alignment glitches may require restarting the app or deleting and replacing problem clips.
- Multi-layer support allows creativity in combining videos, images, text and effects.
- Transitions and blending modes help layers flow smoothly between each other.
- Opacity adjustment enables fading layers in and out over each other.
So in summary, CapCut makes layering videos, images and effects easy with its multi-layer timeline. You can get creative combining layers and then edit each one independently. Knowing potential issues and fixes allows you to troubleshoot problems. With practice, you can produce professional looking edited videos with layers using CapCut.