Having issues with your primary Eero WiFi network name or password? As an Eero WiFi user for over 3 years, I’ll walk you through the quick and easy steps to update these settings.
Table of Contents
Why Change Your Eero WiFi Network Name and Password?
There are a few key reasons you may want to change your primary Eero WiFi network name (SSID) and password:
- Security: Changing your WiFi password periodically improves security and prevents unauthorized access to your network. I recommend changing it at least once a year.
- Simplicity: Using the same network name and password across all your Eero networks streamlines connecting devices as you move locations.
- Personalization: You may want to customize your network name to be more personal or fun.
No matter the reason, changing these settings only takes a few minutes.
How to Change Your Eero WiFi Network Name
Follow these simple steps to change the network name:
- Open the Eero app on your mobile device.
- Tap on Settings at the bottom.
- Select Network Settings.
- Tap on Network Name.
- Delete the current name and enter your new desired WiFi network name.
- Get creative and fun with it!
- Tap Save when finished.
It’s that easy! Any devices currently connected will disconnect and need to be reconnected with the new network name.
How to Change Your Eero WiFi Password
Here are the steps to update your WiFi password:
- Open the Eero app and select Settings.
- Choose Network Settings.
- Tap on Network Password.
- Enter your new password and tap Save.
- Reconnect devices to the network using the new password.
I recommend choosing a strong password that’s easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
Tips for Changing Your Eero WiFi Network Name and Password
Keep these tips in mind when changing your network settings:
- Reconnect all WiFi devices after changing settings using the new network name and password. Devices won’t automatically reconnect.
- Make sure to update any WiFi settings saved on devices or WiFi sharing platforms.
- Consider keeping the same network name or password if managing multiple Eero networks to simplify connections across networks.
- Verify all devices reconnect properly after changing settings. Check for connectivity issues.
- Avoid using personal information or dictionary words as your password. Opt for special characters, numbers, capital letters, and minimum 12 character length.
Changing your primary Eero WiFi network settings is quick and straightforward using the Eero app. Following these steps and tips will ensure a smooth transition to the new network name and password. Reach out if any issues pop up!