Motorola Moto G is an Android smartphone released back in 2013 and has the third generation which comes to follow in 2015. Despite offering standard features on Android, it’s lacking proper connectivity to a TV. But, is there any way to connect Moto G to a TV via a USB port?
Although this phone comes with a micro USB port, it was not designed to be a video source. Sure, Moto G isn’t alone, some brand new flagship phones don’t support video output through the USB too.
Luckily I found at least two options to tackle that issue.
#1 How to connect Moto G to a TV via USB
If you want to connect Moto G to a TV via USB, then the only way to go is by mirroring it to a laptop and then your TV.
If the tools are ready, follow the guide below.
1. Download and Install an Android app called Vysor.
2. Run the app and enable the USB Debugging on your phone. Don’t worry. The app will show you a guide.
3. After that, the app might ask you to restart the phone.
4. Leave your phone for a moment and download Vysor Extension for Google Chrome on your laptop.
5. Launch Vysor Extension. You will see your phone’s display shortly.
6. Now, connect your laptop to the TV using the HDMI cable.
7. Press Windows+P and choose Duplicate. Don’t forget to set video sources on your TV to the HDMI port that being used.
That’s it. Your TV is now showing the output video from your Moto G.
This method not only works for Moto G, but also the majority of Android smartphones, including Samsung, HTC, Asus, Xiaomi, Infinix, and more.
#2 How to connect Moto G to a TV via a wireless connection
For this, you need a digital media player for TV, for example, Chromecast or Miracast. But if your TV was already a smart TV, then you don’t need that item. Most smart TVs have built-in WiFi to stream display from a computer or even a phone.
Alright, here are the steps you need:
1. Connect Chromecast to HDMI port on your TV along with USB port to power it.
2. On your Moto G, go to Play Store and download Chromecast App.
3. Launch the app and tap on the Menu icon list.
4. After that, select the Cast Screen option and choose the device you want to connect. Wait for a few seconds and the TV will show your Android screen.
Remember, the Chromecast device and the phone must be connected with the same WiFi access point, otherwise, it won’t work.
Chromecast allows you to mirror video up to 1080p under a WiFi connection. After all, this device has significant advantages, but it may cost you more.