Motorola Moto G is an Android smartphone released back in 2013 and has the third generation which comes to follow in 2015. This phone is trendy than other Motorola phones. Despite it offers standard features on Android, it’s lack of TV connectivity. Some people ask me how to connect Moto G to a TV via a USB port?
Although this phone comes with a micro USB port, it was not designed to be video sources. Sure, Moto G isn’t alone, even brand new flagship phones don’t support video output through the USB port.
Luckily I found at least two options, connect the Moto G with wired and wireless.
How to connect Moto G to a TV via USB
If you insist connect Moto G to a TV via wired USB, there are no other ways except mirroring it to a laptop and then your TV.
Okay, if the tools are ready, lets we start.
1. Download an Android app called Vysor, and it’s free.
2. Open the app and enable the USB Debugging on your phone. Don’t worry. The app will show you a guide.
3. After that, the app might ask you to restart the phone.
4. Leave your phone for a while and download Vysor Extension for Google Chrome browser on your laptop.
5. Launch Vysor Extension. You would see your phone’s display shortly.
6. Now, connect your laptop to the TV using HDMI cable.
7. Press Window+P button and choose Duplicate. Don’t forget to set video sources on your TV to HDMI sources that being used.
That’s it. Your TV is now showing the output video of Moto G.
This method not only works for Moto G, but also the majority of an Android smartphone, including Samsung, HTC, Asus, Xiaomi, Infinix, or anything else.
How to connect Moto G to a TV wirelessly
Linked your Moto G with TV without cable is probably the most feasible option since the phone didn’t support video output.
However, you don’t need these devices if your home TV was already a smart TV. The modern TV should have a WiFi connection, and you can easily project screen display directly to it.
Alright, here are the steps you need:
1. Connect Chromecast to HDMI port on your TV along with USB port to power it.
2. On your Moto G, go to Play Store and download Chromecast App.
3. Launch the app and tap on the Menu icon list.
4. After that, select the Cast Screen option and choose the device you want to connect. Wait for a few seconds and the TV will show your Android screen.
Remember, the Chromecast and the phone must be connected with the same WiFi access point, or it won’t work.
Chromecast allows you to mirror video up to 1080p under WiFi connection. After all, this device has significant advantages, but it cost you more.