AMD offers Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows users to get the most performance from their Ryzen CPU. This power plan is easily won against Windows’ default Balanced plan.
Turns out, there is one more thing to do and in this guide, I will show you the ‘last step’ to get Ryzen Balanced plan. This guide applies to Windows 10 but should be fine on Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well.
1. Go to AMD Drivers & Support page and select the chipset according to your motherboard, then click Submit. If you don’t know the motherboard version do you are using, you can find that on System Information.
2. Click Download on the AMD Chipset Drivers section.
3. Run the installer and wait for the hardware verification process.
4. Make sure “AMD Ryzen Power Plan” is checked, then click Install. It’s good to install all the features, but feel free to choose which one you need.
5. Wait for the installation process to finish.
6. Restart your computer. Make sure you have saved the ongoing tasks first.
7. Now, go to Settings.
8. Select System.
9. On Power & Sleep, click Additional power settings.
10. Select the AMD Ryzen Balanced option.
You can also select the AMD Ryzen High Performance plan which would improve the performance, especially for gaming. But know that power consumption will be higher too.