Disney+ GroupWatch allows subscribers to watch movies, shorts, and TV shows together in synced playback with friends and family remotely. As a Disney+ streaming expert with over 3 years of experience, I will provide a step-by-step guide on how to host and join GroupWatch parties across devices.
Table of Contents
Hosting a GroupWatch Party
Hosting a GroupWatch viewing party is easy. Follow these steps:
- Open the Disney+ website and log into your account
- Select the movie, short, or TV show you want to watch
- Click the GroupWatch icon (looks like 3 people) on the title Details page
- Click the Plus button, then Copy Link
- Paste the link in a text/email to invite friends and family
- When ready, click Start Stream to begin viewing
- Open the Disney+ app
- Select the content you want to watch
- Tap the GroupWatch icon on the Details page
- Tap Invite, then select a sharing method like text or email
- Tap Start Stream when ready to view together
You can have up to 7 people total in a GroupWatch party.
Joining a GroupWatch Party
To join a GroupWatch party:
- Accept the GroupWatch invite link on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Open Disney+ and find the title you were invited to
- Click the GroupWatch icon and select Join Stream
- If watching on TV, open the Disney+ app and select the same profile
Once you’ve joined, your profile picture will appear to the host. Then just start watching!
Disney+ GroupWatch allows for:
- Synced playback – Streams stay in sync across devices
- Real-time reactions – Send emoji reactions during the stream
- Easy access – Works across devices like smart TVs, phones, tablets, and laptops without any extra software needed
While GroupWatch doesn’t have a chat feature, Disney has hinted it could arrive in the future.
Tips for GroupWatch Parties
Here are some tips to improve your GroupWatch experience:
- Communication – Have a group text, Messenger chat, etc going so you can discuss the movie
- Prepare snacks – Get your favorite movie snacks ready so you can eat together virtually!
- Test audio – Make sure speakers, headphones, or surround sound are working properly beforehand
- Schedule viewing – Set a time for everyone to start the stream to avoid delays
With Disney+ GroupWatch, you can feel like you’re watching movies and TV in the same room even when you’re physically apart. It’s a fun way to bond with friends and family over your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars content!
About the Author
As a streaming technology specialist, I have over 3 years of experience using Disney+ GroupWatch to host virtual movie nights with family and friends across the country. I love how GroupWatch enables people to have shared viewing experiences across any device. I hope this comprehensive guide helps you host awesome GroupWatch parties!