Shutterfly is a popular online photo printing service that allows you to create high-quality photo prints, photo books, calendars, cards, and other photo gifts. With its integration with Google Photos, adding your photos to Shutterfly for printing is quick and easy. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Table of Contents
Connect Google Photos to Your Shutterfly Account
- Sign in to your Shutterfly account and go to the My Photos section.
- Click on Upload next to the search bar.
- Under the Upload From section, click on Google Photos.
- You will be redirected to sign in to your Google Account. Sign in to allow Shutterfly access to your Google Photos library.
Once connected, you will be able to access all your Google Photos directly within your Shutterfly account for printing.
Upload Photos from Google Photos
- Go to the My Photos section in Shutterfly.
- On the left sidebar, under Albums, you will find a Google Photos section with all your Google Photos albums synced.
- Click on any album to preview the photos.
- Select the photos you want to upload by clicking on the Add to Uploads icon below each photo.
- Once selected, click on Upload. The photos will now be uploaded to your Shutterfly account.
Create and Order Photo Prints
- Go to the My Photos section and click on Order Prints.
- Select the photos you want to print. You can select photos uploaded from Google Photos or any other photos in your Shutterfly account.
- Choose the print size, paper type, quantity and any other customization options.
- Click Add to Cart and proceed to checkout.
It’s that easy! Your selected Google Photos will be printed by Shutterfly’s professional printing service and delivered to your doorstep.
Tips for Best Print Results
- Upload high resolution photos for best print quality. Google Photos uploads resized versions of your original photos. Enable the setting in Google Photos to upload original quality photos.
- Select vivid color profile in Shutterfly for accurate colors in your prints. Go to My Account > Site Preferences to change color profile.
- Use the Shutterfly app to directly upload photos from your phone to Shutterfly. Automatically added Google Photos will be resized uploads.
- Enable auto-tagging in Google Photos for easier organization and search in Shutterfly.
- Create albums to organize your photos in Google Photos. Albums sync automatically to Shutterfly.
- Store your original photos on Google Photos at original quality for lifetime access. Shutterfly has storage limits and deleted inactive accounts.
Photo Books Using Google Photos
Photo books make great gifts or keepsakes of your favorite photos. To create one using your Google Photos:
- Go to Photo Books and select a book theme.
- Click Add Photos. Select Google Photos to choose photos from your synced albums.
- Drag and arrange photos within the book template pages.
- Customize the book with text, additional design elements and preferences.
- Preview and order your photobook.
With Google Photos integration, adding photos for prints, gifts or photobooks on Shutterfly is super quick and easy. Follow the steps above to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
What photo formats does Shutterfly support?
Shutterfly supports JPG, PNG, BMP and TIFF image formats. For best print quality, JPG is recommended.
What is the maximum photo size I can print?
You can print photos up to 25,000 pixels on the long edge for the best quality. Larger photos may be resized to 25,000 pixels by Shutterfly before printing.
How do I reorder photos I have already printed?
Go to your Order History to find previously printed orders. Select Reorder to print them again with the same options.
How long are my photos stored on Shutterfly?
Photos are stored indefinitely as long as you remain active on Shutterfly by logging in or purchasing once every 12 months.
What products can I create with my Google Photos?
Aside from standard prints, you can create photo books, calendars, cards, home decor, photo gifts like mugs, puzzles and more using your Google Photos in Shutterfly.
I hope this comprehensive guide was helpful for you to understand how to quickly and easily add Google Photos for printing beautiful photo creations on Shutterfly! Let me know if you have any other questions.