After recent system updates on Windows 10, the Avast antivirus seemingly restrains to work. When running the computer, the antivirus displays an error message: UI Failed to Load, rendering all forms of protection at a halt, leaving the computer vulnerable.
Avast offers to restart the service in the hope of reviving it back to normal. However, this approach seems doesn’t do anything with the whole problem. The main culprit was the incompatibility issue with the operating system, thus, a little fix on the operating system is necessary.
To solve the issue, we need to change the setting on one Windows service. If that sounds terrifying, don’t worry, the guide below can be done really quick!
1. Press Windows+R buttons simultaneously on the keyboard.
2. When the Run window is open, type services.msc and click OK.
3. Once the Services window appears, locate the Remote Desktop Services, right-click on it, and select Properties.
4. On the General tab, look at the Startup type, choose Automatic, click Apply, and OK to close.
5. Next, close the Services window and restart the computer.
After the computer is turned on again, try to launch Avast. The error message should be gone and the antivirus is working normally. It’s recommended to scan the computer just to make sure there’s no virus infiltrated when the device is not protected.
Although the problem was originally discovered on Windows 10, older operating systems such as Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista could suffer from the same issue. Thankfully, the same fix can be applied to them. If the problem still persists, reach Avast Support for further assistance.