Avast has a major update on its user interface and this situation left some users confused regarding several features, including the scheduled scan for the antivirus.
Don’t worry, you can still schedule a scan on Avast. The process is easy and there are more flexibilities on the scan profile. You can choose to perform a scan daily, weekly, or monthly on a specific hour. So, here is the guide.
INFO: I’m using Avast Free Antivirus version 19.8.2393 updated on September 19, 2019. If you found the look and feel of the program is different, please let me know so I could update the tutorial.
How to schedule scan on Avast
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure a scheduled scan on the latest version of Avast free antivirus. After that, the program will perform an automatic scan under certain rules and times.
- Go to the system tray and click on the Avast icon to run the program. Basically, you can use other ways to run the antivirus.
- Click the Protection.
- Select Virus Scans.
- Next, select Custom scans.
- Click Create a New Scan button.
- Give a name to the scan profile, so it will be easily distinguished by other scan profiles.
- On the Frequency, select Once, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. For example, I'm going to choose the Weekly option for this tutorial.
- Select the exact day or date and Start time. Remember, Avast uses the 24-hour format.
- You can tune the Advanced settings. But if you don't understand, the default setting is fine.
- Go Back to save the scan profile.
- The scheduled scan has been created and will perform the scan on the selected date.
- Computer device
- Avast antivirus
Avast will scan your device as long as the program is running and the computer is on. In this scenario, don’t try to close the Avast antivirus or it will not run its schedule.
You may be interested to read 5 tips to speed-up the antivirus scan.