Table of Contents
Monday.com is a popular work management platform that allows users to organize projects into boards with columns, items, and subitems. As projects progress, users may find the need to archive completed items to keep their boards clean and organized.
However, there may be instances when users need to view or restore previously archived items for reference or to make edits. Thankfully, Monday.com provides simple ways to find and restore archived items.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to view archived items in Monday.com
- How to search for and restore archived boards, items, and subitems
- Where archived data is stored in Monday.com
Equipped with this knowledge, you can easily access your archived project data when needed.
Viewing Archived Items
There are a few ways to access archived items in Monday.com:
1. Archived History
To view archived items for a specific board:
- Click the three-dot menu at the top right of the board
- Select Board Settings
- Click Archived History
This will display a list of archived items, groups, and columns. You can scroll through the list and click “View” to access archived items.
2. Search Archives
To search all archived items across boards:
- Click the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left
- Check the box for Search Archives
- Enter search terms and click the magnifying glass to search
This searches all archived items, allowing you to find content even if you don’t know which board it is from.
3. Archived Boards
To view archived boards:
- Click your profile icon at the bottom left
- Select Archived Boards
This displays a list of boards you have archived. Click on one to view it.
Restoring Archived Items
Once you have located an archived item, restoring it is simple:
1. Restore Item
- From the Archived History list, locate the item
- Click Restore to send the item back to its original board
2. Restore Board
- From Archived Boards, click on the board to restore
- Click Restore to reactive the board
Restored boards, items, groups, and columns will be returned to their original location.
Note: Deleted boards and items can also be restored from the Recycle Bin within 30 days.
Where Archived Data is Stored
Archived and deleted data stays in your Monday.com account:
- Archived items are stored indefinitely per board
- Deleted items go into a Recycle Bin for 30 days
- Archived boards are stored separately from active boards
So you don’t have to worry about archived project data disappearing. As long as your Monday.com account remains active, your archived data is retained.
The ability to archive and restore data is vital for organizing boards as projects progress while still maintaining access to historical information.
With Monday.com’s Archive History, Search Archive, and Archived Boards features, users can easily find and restore archived project data when needed.
Keeping your boards clutter-free while retaining archived item access enhances Monday.com’s usefulness for managing projects over time.