When you working on a photo, there are some parts of it that would more aesthetic if the colors are inverted. Sometimes it could make your photo look like taken from another dimension — something that we would never see in real life.
This practice is basically turning the original color to the farthest spectrum possible, usually 180°.
For example, the black color turning into white, blue into red, green into purple, and so forth. The feature to invert colors is available in many photo editing software, including Adobe Photoshop, and pretty easy to achieve that effect!
Table of Contents
How to invert colors in Photoshop (any versions)
In this guide, you will learn how to invert photo or object colors within just three seconds. You will also learn some recommendations and best practices to make the result look even prettier. It doesn’t matter what version of Photoshop do you use, the process is basically the same.
1. Open the photo you want to invert in Photoshop. Also, specify the exact layer if there are multiple layers.
2. Go to Image > Adjustments > Invert.
3. You will see the photo is now inverted.
4. It’s highly recommended to adjust the Levels by heading to Image > Adjustments > Levels.
5. Slide the points based on your needs. Then, click OK.
6. The result would look more vibrant.
7. You can also add a black-white effect by going to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
9. The black-white inverted color is the most popular final style, but it’s not mandatory. Feel free to choose your own photo style.
Save the new photo once finished. If you changed your mind, you can always revert the colors by applying the Undo command (CTRL+ALT+Z) or press CTRL+I to revert the invert.
Take a look at the guide How to Make Something Glow in Photoshop. You probably need this particular editing skill in the future.
How do you invert colors in Photoshop free?
To invert colors in Photoshop, follow these steps: Open Photoshop and select the photo you want to invert. Navigate to the top menu bar, click on “Image”, then “Adjustments”, and finally select “Invert”
How do you invert colors in Photoshop 2024?
The process to invert colors in Photoshop 2023 is the same. Open your image in Photoshop 2023, go to the top menu bar, click “Image”, then “Adjustments”, and finally select “Invert”
How do I change from black to white in Photoshop?
To change from black to white in Photoshop, you can use the “Invert” function. However, this will also invert all other colors in the image. If you want to change only black to white, you can use a “Curves” adjustment. This might require more control over brightness and contrast, and the results may vary depending on the image