Windows 10 has a tile system which colored based on the theme you choose. However, there is only one color for every program on the tile menu.
But, is there any way to change tile color for certain programs?
Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn’t provide such capability to change tile color individually, but a lightweight app named Windows Tile Color Changer could solve this problem.
I’m going to explain to you how to change tile color using that program. Check out the following tutorial!
How to tile color for a specific program
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to change tile color for a specific program using Windows Tile Color Changer. This app should be work on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1.
- Download Windows Tile Color Changer here. Extract the archive and launch the program.
- Go to the Change Color tab.
- Select an Application you want to change its tile. Make sure the app has been in the Start Menu.Advertisement
- Select the color you want (Hex color code also available) and click Change Tile Color.
- If you see this message, the tile has changed. Click OK to continue.
- Head to the Start Menu and see the new color of tiles!
- If you want to revert it back, just select the app and Reset Defaults.
- Windows Tile Color Changer
- Windows 10 or Windows 8/8.1
According to my test, the color remains although you close the Windows Tile Color Changer program. This should be good news for users since it doesn’t have to run in the background or slowing down the startup process.
Please note that this app is not perfect (yet). Some programs like Microsoft Office and Firefox restrict changing color so you can’t modify the tile of these programs.
Nevertheless, the majority of programs should be work perfectly. Also, Windows Tile Color Changer is portable which means you can simply delete the app if you want to uninstall it.
Thank you for visiting!