Avast antivirus is sometimes so annoying by flooding us with notifications, messages, and alerts with its memorable sound that shocks us when the volume is at the highest level.
Those notifications are mostly just an offer of the premium service and not related to the PC’s protection. Therefore, it’s safe to disable the notifications so it wouldn’t appear in the future.
The Silent Mode in Avast can be used to prevent notifications while you working on your computer or have some funs with a video game. So, how to enable that, and what’s the side effect?
Check out the guide below!
How to disable Avast notifications
Time Needed : 2 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to disable Avast notifications & pop-ups on the desktop version. This guide is based on Avast 19.8.2393 with UI version 1.0.437. It's highly recommended to update your antivirus before getting into the tutorial.
- Launch Avast by going to the system tray and click on the Avast icon.
- After the interface appears, click on Menu.
- Select Settings.Advertisement
- Go to Notifications.
- Check on Use silent mode and turn off all pop-ups, alerts and messages. You can also uncheck Enable Avast sounds to enhance the silent mode experience even further.
- Close the Avast Settings.
- You should see a message of silent mode is turned on which means Avast won't send you any notifications in the future.
- Avast notifications
According to a blog from Avast, this particular setting will also disable messages from security. Avast will still protect you, but you won’t know what kind of viruses it has detected, the infected directory, and the level of the thread.
Therefore, you have to open Avast at least once a week to see if there’s any case that needs your attention.
If you really don’t need Avast to run in real-time, you can Close Avast Antivirus Entirely and only run it when you needed.