When it comes to sending money abroad you have to consider the conversion value. Quite often the value of a certain currency can fall or jump significantly through the week.
Instead of monitoring the conversion value manually, you can take advantage of Rate Tracker — a free notification service from TransferWise that lets you receive an email every time selected currencies hit a minimum value you set. Here's how you can do that.
- Visit Rate Tracker page, and select the original currency.
- Select the target currency. For example, I choose IDR.
- Take a look at the report graph to give you a sense about the minimum amount you want to trigger the email alert.Advertisement
- Set the target conversion rate. Enter your email, and click Get rate alerts.
- When the rate hit the ceiling, it will send you an email like this.
The beauty of the TransferWise’s Rate Tracker service is it doesn’t require an active account. It also won’t spam your email, though you may receive multiple emails if the conversion fluctuates a lot.