Many Gmail users have a problem with the number of unread emails they have. This situation sometimes making difficult to find certain emails.
Instead of opening the unread emails one by one, you can take advantage of one Gmail’s feature that lets you mark all unread emails as read in just a few clicks!
No third-party plugin required. Everything you need to complete this task is available within the Gmail desktop.
How to mark all unread emails as read
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to bulk read all unread emails in Gmail easily. This such ability is only available on the Gmail desktop.
- Go to Gmail and head to the search bar.
- Type is:unread and press Enter. This search operator will show you the entire unread emails.
- Select all emails by clicking the Select all checkbox.Advertisement
- Once selected, click on the Select all conversations that match this search. This option will let you select the entire emails without having to navigate each page.
- Click on the Mark as read icon, represented with the opened envelope.
- Click OK to confirm this action.
- Finally, the list of unread emails should be empty.
- Gmail account
- Computer device
- Unread emails
You have several seconds window to Undo this action. Nevertheless, all the emails are still available in your Gmail account. You can access that anytime you want.
If you have any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t be hesitate to ask via the comment section below. Any feedback would be appreciated!