- Store all photos in one central “Lightroom Photos” folder for easier access and organization. Rely more on collections than folders or renaming for organizing.
- Keep to a single Lightroom catalog if possible. Easier to manage and optimize performance. Can consolidate old catalogs into one.
Table of Contents
- Render 1:1 previews intentionally for faster editing.
- Regularly optimize the catalog to improve stability.
- Temporarily pause syncing to Lightroom cloud service during import and editing for better performance.
Import and Batch Edit
- Apply presets on import to batch edit groups of imported photos.
- In Library module, select photos and apply presets to batch edit in smaller custom groups.
- Use “Synchronize” to copy edits from one photo to multiple selected photos.
Editing and Exporting
- Edit nondestructively in Develop module. Avoid editing in external editors when possible.
- Export edited photos instead of moving or reimporting to avoid duplicates in catalog.
Organizing and Backups
- Use collections sets to categorize and group “keeper” photos. Add keywords for better searchability.
- Backup the catalog and central photo storage folder to enable recovery of work if needed.
Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions!