LinkedIn’s Open to Work feature allows you to signal to recruiters and your network that you are actively looking for new job opportunities. This can be useful when searching for a job. However, once you have found a new role, you likely want to remove the Open to Work badge from your profile. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to quickly remove the Open to Work badge from your LinkedIn profile.
Table of Contents
Why Remove the Open to Work Badge?
Here are some key reasons you may want to remove the Open to Work badge from your LinkedIn profile:
- You have accepted a new job offer and are no longer looking. Keeping the badge active could mislead recruiters.
- You want to take a break from your job search for personal reasons.
- You want your job search to be more private or discreet at the current time.
- You are getting too many irrelevant inquiries from recruiters.
How to Remove Open to Work on LinkedIn’s Website
Removing the Open to Work badge from your LinkedIn profile using the website is simple and only takes a few steps:
- Log into your LinkedIn account on the website and go to your profile page.
- Underneath your profile photo and name, locate the Open to Work section.
- Click the pencil icon on the right side of this section.
- This will open an Edit Open to Work pop-up window.
- On the bottom left, click the blue text that says Delete from profile.
- Confirm that you want to remove Open to Work from your profile.
Once these steps are complete, the Open to Work badge will be removed from your profile picture and the Open to Work section will no longer be visible on your profile page.
How to Remove Open to Work on LinkedIn’s Mobile App
You can also easily remove the Open to Work badge using LinkedIn’s mobile app:
- Open the LinkedIn app on your device and go to your profile page.
- Scroll down and locate the Open to Work section.
- Tap the pencil icon on the right side of this section.
- This will open the Edit Open to Work page.
- At the bottom, tap the blue Delete button.
- Confirm that you want to remove Open to Work.
After completing these steps, Open to Work will be removed from your mobile profile.
Removing Only the Open to Work Frame from Profile Picture
If you want to keep the Open to Work feature active but simply want to remove the green frame from your profile picture, you can do that as well:
- Follow the steps above to access the Edit Open to Work settings.
- Instead of deleting Open to Work, select the option to Remove this frame (and any showcased jobs if applicable).
- The green #OpenToWork frame will be removed from your profile picture, but the Open to Work feature itself will remain enabled for recruiters to see.
Disabling Open to Work vs. Deleting It
When removing Open to Work, you have two options:
- Disabling Open to Work removes the badge and green frame from your profile, but saves your job search preferences. You can easily re-enable it.
- Deleting Open to Work erases all saved preferences and removes it completely from your profile. You would have to build your preferences again in the future if you re-enable the feature.
In most cases, simply disabling Open to Work is the best approach if you think you may want to turn it back on again down the road. But deleting it gives you a completely clean slate if you prefer.
Re-Enabling Open to Work in the Future
If you change your mind later on, re-enabling Open to Work is straightforward:
- Go to your profile and click the Add profile section button.
- Select Open to Work from the options.
- Build out your job search preferences again.
- Confirm that you want to enable Open to Work.
The badge and green frame will then appear on your profile again to signal that you are open to new opportunities.
Removing the Open to Work badge only takes a few minutes. Just remember these key points:
- Access the Edit Open to Work settings from your profile.
- Select Delete from profile or disable the feature if you want to save your preferences.
- Alternatively, solely remove the green frame from your picture.
- You can easily re-enable it in the future if you choose to disable over deleting.
With these simple steps, you can seamlessly remove or re-add the Open to Work badge on LinkedIn whenever needed.