Life360 is a popular family tracking app that allows users to view the real-time locations of family and friends. However, many users occasionally encounter the “Unable to Connect” error which prevents them from accessing the app. Here are the most common troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
Table of Contents
Restart the App and Device
Often a simple restart can fix temporary glitches:
- Force quit the Life360 app if it is running in the background
- Turn your device completely off for at least 5 minutes
- Turn your device back on and launch the Life360 app
Restarting clears temporary data and resets network connections which usually resolves the issue.
Check Network Connectivity
Lack of internet connectivity is the most common trigger for the unable to connect error. Try the following:
- Disable Airplane mode if enabled
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network or cellular data
- Toggle between Wi-Fi and cellular data to check if one works over the other
- Restart your home Wi-Fi router if connected to Wi-Fi
Switching networks or restarting the router often fixes temporary network problems.
Update the App
An outdated version of the Life360 app can also cause connectivity issues.
- Open the Play Store
- Search for Life360
- Check if there are pending updates and install if available
- Go to the App Store
- Tap your profile icon
- Scroll to see available updates and install if available
Updating to the latest version resolves bugs and optimizes performance.
Adjust Location Permissions
The Life360 app requires location access permissions to track and update locations.
- Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager
- Select Life360
- Ensure Location permission is enabled
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Check if Life360 has location access enabled
Granting location access allows Life360 to perform accurate tracking.
Log Out and Log Back In
Sometimes simply logging out and back in refreshes data connections:
- Launch the Life360 app
- Go to the Settings (gear icon)
- Select Log Out to sign out of your account
- Force quit the app and restart your device
- Relaunch Life360 and log back in
This resets the app instance and reconnects it to Life360 servers.
Delete and Reinstall the App
If other troubleshooting steps don’t work, deleting and reinstalling the app often helps:
- Uninstall Life360
- Restart your device
- Re-download Life360 from the Play Store
- Delete the Life360 app
- Power cycle your iPhone
- Redownload Life360 from the App Store
This gives you a clean app install eliminating any corrupted data.
Contact Customer Support
If you still face the unable to connect error after trying all troubleshooting steps, it’s best to contact Life360 customer support:
- In the Life360 app, go to Settings > Get Support
- Explain the error and troubleshooting steps attempted
- Provide details like device model, OS version, app version etc.
The support team can then investigate further and provide specialized troubleshooting tips for your scenario.
Here are some tips to avoid connectivity errors with Life360 in the future:
- Ensure Life360 is updated to the latest version
- Grant location permissions and enable background app refresh
- Maintain internet connectivity when using the app
- Open the app regularly to keep it from going into sleep mode
- Consider upgrading to a paid subscription for advanced features
Taking these preventative measures optimizes connectivity and delivers the full Life360 experience.
In summary, the Life360 “Unable to Connect” error can often be easily fixed by troubleshooting your device’s network connection, app install, permissions, or by contacting customer support. With the app working properly, you can continue keeping your family safe and connected.