Luminar Neo is a fantastic software that utilizes modern AI technologies to help you edit photos, remove background, and enhance the picture quality in an instant. However, for some that are already in the Photoshop ecosystem, switching back and forth would be rather unproductive. Thankfully, Luminar Neo can be used as a Photoshop plugin.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 and CC offer a convenient way to use the program in conjunction with another program (plugin). In the following guide, you will learn how to enable the Luminar Neo plugin in Photoshop.
Table of Contents
How to enable Luminar Neo Photoshop plugin
1. Navigate to the Luminar Neo installation folder. It’s normally located in C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar Neo. After that, right-click on Luminar Neo.exe and click Run as Administrator (click OK after that).
2. Once Luminar Neo has been launched, click on its logo > File > Install Plugins…
3. On Adobe Photoshop, click Install.
4. Click Done.
5. Now, launch Photoshop and open a picture.
6. Go to Filter > Skylum Software > Luminar Neo.
7. Luminar Neo will be launched. Please wait.
8. Luminar Neo has been launched. You can edit the photo in the program.
9. Once you are done with the editing, click Apply.
10. The edited version will be transferred to Photoshop.
By using this plugin, you don’t have to move a photo between two programs manually. However, it’s worth noting that Luminar Neo is slow at launch (yes, even when you are using SSD). So, in some cases, it might actually be faster to run two programs simultaneously.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some related questions about Luminar Neo and Photoshop.
Can Luminar Neo be used as a plugin?
Yes, Luminar Neo can be used as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom Classic, and Apple Photos. This allows you to use Luminar Neo’s powerful AI-powered editing tools within your existing workflow.
How do I use Luminar AI as a Photoshop plugin?
To use Luminar Neo as a Photoshop plugin, follow these steps:
1. Open Luminar Neo and go to File > Install Plugins.
2. Select the Photoshop checkbox and click Install.
3. Open the image you want to edit in Photoshop.
4. Go to Filter > Skylum > Luminar Neo.
5. Luminar Neo will open in a new window. You can now edit your image using Luminar Neo’s tools.
6. When you’re finished editing, click the Save button in Luminar Neo. The edited image will be saved back to Photoshop.
Is Luminar a Photoshop plugin?
Luminar Neo is a standalone photo editor, but it can also be used as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop.
How do you use Luminar Neo extensions?
Luminar Neo extensions are additional tools and features that can be added to Luminar Neo. To use Luminar Neo extensions:
1. Open Luminar Neo and go to the Extensions tab.
2. Browse the available extensions and click the Install button next to the extension you want to install.
3. Once the extension is installed, it will appear in the Extensions panel.
4. To use an extension, click on it in the Extensions panel and then adjust the settings to your liking.