Time Needed : 5 minutes
Sometimes your files or programs can't be found when using the search feature. To fix that issue, you have to rebuild the index on Windows 10 so the system knows the exact directory of your files. In fact, this simple method can fix a lot of issues related to search and indexing.
- Go to start and type indexing options.
- Launch the Indexing Options program.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click Rebuild.Advertisement
- Select OK to confirm.
- The rebuilding process will get started. Please note that this process will take some time and your activity may reduce its speed.
- Once finished, you would see Indexing complete.
- Windows 10
- Indexing options
You can take advantage of the rebuild index by excluding certain files and folders from Windows 10 search result. That way, people who may use your computer will never find your secret files easily.