Sending a folder filled with multiple files via email is surprisingly possible. But, in order to achieve that, you need to convert the folder into a ZIP file so it can be picked up by the email service. In this guide, I'll help you to send a folder over email.
- Right-click on the folder you want to send. Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Now the ZIP version of the folder has been created. This is the one that you can send.
- Go to your email service and compose a new email.
- Click Attach files (paper clip icon). Most email services use this icon to upload files.
- Select the zipped file you created, then hit Open.Advertisement
- Wait until the upload process finished. For Gmail users, the maximum allowed size is 25MB, larger files will occupy capacity in Google Drive.
- Now, hit the Send button.
- The receiver could download the file and extract it to access the content inside.
So, that’s how you upload a ‘folder’ and send it to your friends via email. Some email providers may limit the maximum attachment size. Hence, for sharing bigger files it best to use cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.