If you’re a Chromebook user, you may find yourself needing to zoom in or out of your screen for various reasons. Fortunately, there are several ways to do this to make the screen as large as you need it.
Whether you’re reading tiny text, editing photos, or simply want a closer look at something, this guide will walk you through the entire process. To be precise, there are three ways to zoom in and out in ChromeOS. We will discuss the process for a web page, desktop app, and the use of the magnifier app.
So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to zoom a web page
If you are running Chrome, there are a few ways to adjust the zoom level of the web page. Here are some tricks you could try.
1. To zoom in on a web page, which to make it appears bigger, hold the Ctrl key and then press Plus (+). You can press the plus button many times to reach the desired zoom level.
2. Meanwhile, to zoom out the page or make it smaller, hold the Ctrl key and then press the Minus (-) key. You may hit the key multiple times.
3. If you want to go back to the default zoom level, press and hold the Ctrl key and then press Zero (0).
4. Alternatively, you can zoom in and zoom out via Chrome’s menu.
How to zoom desktop apps
Zooming in and out the desktop apps on Chromebook is extremely useful to make the interface more convenient. Thankfully, you can adjust the zoom level with a simple keyboard shortcut!
1. To zoom in desktop screen and desktop apps, press Ctrl+Shift+Plus (+). Please note that some apps may flicker during the transition.
2. To zoom out, press Ctrl+Shift+Minus (-).
3. If you want to go back to the default zoom state, press Ctrl+Shift+Zero (0).
4. Alternatively, you can change the global zoom setting of your Chromebook by going to Settings > Device > Displays > Display size and then selecting the setting between small and large.
How to zoom using a magnifier
ChromeOS comes with a built-in magnifier app that lets you zoom in on a specific area so it would be larger and easier to see. This feature will come in handy for people with visual impairment. Here’s how you can access the magnifier.
1. Open the Launcher menu and then click Settings.
2. Navigate to Accessibility, and go to Display and magnification.
3. Turn on either Full-screen magnifier (Search+Ctrl+M) or Docked magnifier (Search+Ctrl+D). Each is different but both accomplish the same goal. You can use the respective shortcut to quickly enable/disable the mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enlarge my screen on Chrome?
You can make everything on your screen bigger or smaller by changing your screen resolution. To make your screen bigger, decrease resolution, press “Ctrl” + “Shift” and “+”. You can also use the zoom options to make everything on a web page larger or smaller. To make everything larger, click the Chrome menu and then click “Zoom in”.
The keyboard shortcut to zoom in on a Chromebook is “Ctrl” and “+” for a web page. Meanwhile, desktop apps require “Ctrl”, “Shift” and “+” or “-“.
How do you adjust the screen on a Chromebook?
You can change the size of text, images, and videos for one web page or for all web pages. To change the size of everything on the webpages you visit, change your screen resolution. To make your screen bigger, decrease resolution, press “Ctrl” + “Shift” and “+”. You can also make the page you look at bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size. To make the page bigger, press “Ctrl” and “+”
How to Reset the Chromebook’s Zoom Level?
To reset the zoom level on your Chromebook, press “Ctrl” and “0” at the same time. For desktop apps, press “Ctrl”, “Shift”, and “0” at the same time.