If you’re looking to change your YouTube channel name, you’re in luck! YouTube allows you to change your channel name and profile picture to better reflect your content without affecting your Google account name. And the process is easy.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to change your YouTube channel name in just a few steps. The following guide is done via the desktop (web) and mobile app versions of YouTube. With that said, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- How to change the YouTube channel name on the desktop
- How to change your youtube channel name on mobile
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to change the YouTube channel name on the desktop
1. First, switch to the channel to which you want to change its name. This can be done via the profile picture > Switch account.
2. Then, click on the profile picture again and go to YouTube Studio.
3. From the menu on the left side, click Customization.
4. Then, navigate to the Basic info tab menu.
5. Now, you can change the Name and Handle. The Handle is like the username of the channel which lets other users mention the channel on their video. Ideally, you want the Handle to be the same or at least very close to the channel Name.
6. Finally, click the Publish button on the top right side of the screen.
From now on, the channel will live under a new name. However, it may take a few days for the new name to update and display across YouTube.
How to change your youtube channel name on mobile
2. Next, select the channel that you want to change its name.
3. Tap on the profile picture.
4. Go to Edit channel profile.
5. Tap the pencil icon on the Name section.
6. Enter a new name for the channel and hit Save.
7. Additionally, you might also want to change the YouTube Handle to better reflect the new channel name.
Again, it may take a few days for the new name to update across YouTube and the internet. Hence, even you may not see the change right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I rename my YouTube channel?
Yes, you can rename your YouTube channel. You can change your channel name by signing in to YouTube Studio, selecting “Customization,” and then “Basic info.” From there, you can edit your channel name and description and save your changes.
How do I rename my YouTube channel ID?
You can change your YouTube channel ID or also known as Handle by going into YouTube Studio, selecting “Customization,” and then “Basic info.” From there, you can edit your channel Handle, Name, Description, and profile picture. Lastly, don’t forget to click the “Publish” button.
How do you create a YouTube channel with a different name?
You can create a new YouTube channel by clicking the profile picture on the top right corner, clicking on “Switch account” and then selecting “Add account”. From here, follow the instructions on the screen to add a brand-new channel.
To change your banner on YouTube, sign in to YouTube.com, click the profile picture, go to “YouTube Studio”, click “Customization”, navigate to “Branding”, and under the “Banner image” section, click “Upload” and select your banner picture. Lastly, click “Publish”.
Why can’t you change your YouTube channel name?
You can change your channel name twice within a 14-day period. Changing your name will remove your verification badge. You can’t change your name too often since it would confuse other users and viewers.
Can you change your YouTube channel name more than once?
Yes, you can change your YouTube channel name more than once. However, you can change your channel name twice within a 14-day period.