Time Needed : 3 minutes
By default, Google Chrome Android will start with a default tab page. However, you can change that into a blank page which theoretically faster since it does not contains content. It also won't reveal the most visited pages on your Chrome. Here's how to enable the about:blank in the Chrome Android homepage.
- Launch the Chrome app, and then click on the three dots icon.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Home page.
- Make sure it turned on.Advertisement
- Then, click on the Open this page option below.
- Type about:blank and click Save.
- Now, you should see a page like this when you launch Google Chrome or hitting the Home icon.
- Android phone
- Google Chrome Android
- Homepage feature
While the homepage is now set to launch the about:blank page, the new tab will appear by default. This means you cannot change the appearance of the new tab page on this platform. However, such capability like removing quick links is available on the Google Chrome desktop.
We probably have to wait some time until Chrome Android has wider options to modify the homepage and new tab page respectively.