Steam has many different ways to get a video game to your hand. Buying the game directly or receiving it from a gift are the two most common methods. But you can also redeem a game code on Steam.
This redeemable code is often not sold on Steam. Instead, they are commonly found in other digital game stores as well as physical stores. This allows for some users to get Steam games without topping up Wallet or if the payment method is not available.
In this article, I will lead you to redeem a game code on Steam.
How to redeem game on Steam
1. First, log in to the Steam Client with your account. At the left bottom corner, click Add a Game.
2. Next, select Activate a Produce on Steam…
3. The activation window will appear. Then, click Next.
4. Make sure to read the agreement before clicking I Agree.
5. Now, input the game code and click Next.
When it is finished, Steam will offer you to install the game. You can choose to start the installation right away or just leave it there and play it later.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that the game you acquired from a code is not eligible for a refund. So, if the game is broken or the code is not correct, it is best to reach out to the company/organization where you get the code from.