Instagram has been a somewhat new addiction for the 21-century era. It features an infinite scrolling that surely loads new post for you and triggers the dopamine inside your head.
I found Instagram leads me to less productive and should be disabled at least for a moment during my serious work.
Instead of removing the app from the phone, I would rather disable the Instagram account to reduce the temptation.
If you have a serious project that requires full attention, disabling Instagram would be a great choice. I’ve done that and found more time to focus on the job.
Temporarily deactivate Instagram account option only available on the desktop version. Therefore, turn on your laptop or desktop PC in case you have reading this guide on Android or iOS device.
How to Disable Instagram Account for a While
A short guide to disable your Instagram account:
- Log in to Instagram PC, click the profile icon button, and select Edit Profile
- Scroll down and click Temporarily disable my account
- Choose the reason, re-type your password, and click Temporarily Disable Account
- Click Yes to continue
A complete guide to disable your Instagram account:
1. Log in to Instagram with your account and click the profile account at the upper menu.
2. Next, click Edit Profile.
3. Scroll down to the bottom page, click the Temporarily disable my account link.
4. Instagram will ask you the reason for deactivating the account. You also need to fill the password again.
5. Now, click the Temporarily Disable Account.
6. It will ask the confirmation, select Yes to continue.
Your Instagram account will be automatically logged off. This means the account has completely closed and will not be available for the public, even your followers.
What will happens if I disabling Instagram account?
Here are some points about what will happen after you close your account temporarily.
- All your posts, messages, likes, and activity still stored on the Instagram server but remains hidden unless you log in back to the system.
- Your photos, videos, likes, messages, comments, and many more will still exist and stored safely on the Instagram server.
- People can’t find you on Instagram.
- Your followers and the following list will remain.
- Your friends not be notified about your deactivation.
The company only allowed its users to disable Instagram account once a week. If you log in back, you need to wait for the next week to get permission for disabling account again.
You may inform your friends first, so they know that you will not be available on Instagram for a while.