For now, you can only upload photos to Instagram through its app which available for Android and iOS. But, can we upload them via PC?
Luckily, we don’t have to rely on an emulator. There’s a simple trick that allows us to do that using a browser extension such as Chrome or Firefox.
Check this out!
#1 Upload photo to Instagram from PC using Google Chrome
1. Go to an extension page called User-Agent Switcher for Chrome. Then, click Add to Chrome.
2. The Chrome will ask you to confirm new extension installations, click Add Extension to confirm.
3. After installation finished, you will see the User-Agent Switcher icon after the address bar. To activate it, click the icon, select Android, and finally click Android KitKat.
If you wish, you can choose iOS or Windows Phone as well.
4. Visit Instagram website. You can spot the upload button, and it will works as expected.
5. Upload the photo(s) you want to share on Instagram. The procedure is roughly the same as the app version.
Please note: When the User-Agent Switcher still active, all website you visited will use the same protocol as the platform that you have picked. In other words, it not only affects the Instagram site, but also any website you access through it.
To revert back, simply by click the User-Agent Switcher icon, select Chrome, and choose Default.
#2 Upload photo to Instagram from PC using Mozilla Firefox
Still the same way as Google Chrome, we will take advantage of the User-Agent capability. And to be honest, the add-on of Firefox is much more powerful rather than Chrome one.
1. On the Mozilla Firefox browser, go to the User-Agent Switcher page. Click Add to Firefox to start installing the add-on.
2. Firefox will notify you about the new add-on, click Add to proceed.
3. After installed, click the User-Agent Switcher icon right after the search bar. Select the Mobile Device you desired, either iOS, Android, or Windows Phone.
4. Now, visit Instagram and start uploading your photo.
Unlike Google Chrome, this Firefox’s add-on allows you to only establish different user agent on a specific website, for example, only for www.instagram.com. Therefore it won’t affect other websites.
The same version of User-Agent Switcher for Firefox also available for Opera Mini desktop. You can download it from Opera Add-ons page.