Embedding a video simply means you are inserting a video player into your website that can play the video content you want. The video itself is not hosted on your website server. Rather, it is hosted elsewhere, like Google Drive, and you embed code that points to the video file.
When done correctly, the embedded video will appear on your site just like any other content. Visitors can play it without having to leave your site.
Table of Contents
How to Embed Google Drive Video
Just like Youtube, you can copy an HTML code of a video from Google Drive and embed it somewhere else on the web. In this guide, you will learn how to embed a video from Google Drive easily.
1. Upload the video to Google Drive.
2. Double-click the video to launch a preview window.
3. Go to menu, select Open in new window.
4. Go to menu again, select Embed item…
5. Copy the embed code. You may modify it first if you understand HTML.
6. Paste and run the code on an HTML viewer to see the result.
Benefits of Embedding Video from Google Drive:
- Ease of use – Google Drive videos embed seamlessly with just a few clicks.
- Optimization – Embedded videos can improve SEO and viewer engagement.
- Storage – Videos are stored in the cloud rather than taking up your hosting space.
- Privacy – You can specify whether videos are public or private.
How do I embed a video in Google Drive?
To embed a video in Google Drive, open the video preview window, click “Share” and set the access to “Anyone with the link.” Then, click “Open in new window” and select “Embed item…” to copy the URL.
How do I embed a video from Google Drive into WordPress?
Open the video in Google Drive, click the three dots, and select “Open in New Window.” Click the three dots again, choose “Embed item,” and copy the iframe code. Paste the code into your WordPress post or page.
How do I embed a video into Google sites?
Open your site in new Google Sites, click “Insert,” then “Drive.” Choose your video file and click “Insert.” Publish your changes by clicking “Publish” at the top right.
How do I embed a video from Google Drive in Webflow?
Host your video file on Google Drive and use the share link to add the video file. Embed with an iframe or add a small bit of code, replacing ‘YOUR-VIDEO-ID-HERE’ with your video’s ID in the following code:
<video class="gdriveVideo" preload="auto" width="100%" height="Auto" controls> <source src="https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=YOUR-VIDEO-ID-HERE" type='video/mp4'> </video>.