Gboard as the default virtual keyboard for Android comes with a variety of features and customizations. And one of them offers you to personalize the look of the keyboard by adding a background photo which makes it beautiful to see.
In this guide, you will learn how to add a background photo to the Android virtual keyboard, particularly Gboard. Make sure you have a photo with enough resolution to avoid a pixelated result. You may try these free tools to upscale photos.
Anyway, check out the guide below!
1. Launch the keyboard, then hit Settings. Or you can go through Android Settings > System > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Gboard.
2. Select the Theme menu.
3. Under My theme, tap add theme.
4. It will trigger gallery to open. Select the photo you want to set as a background.
5. Adjust the position and scale, then tap Next.
6. Now, adjust the level of brightness. Make sure all the characters can be seen. Then, tap Done.
7. Feel free to enable/disable Key borders. Finally, click Apply.
8. The keyboard has a beautiful background now!
You may create as many themes as you want by reproducing the steps above. In addition, Gboard provides plenty of other beautiful themes ranging from landscapes, colors, and gradients.