There are maybe thousands of anime movies out there. Due to its animation style, it’s hard to distinguish each anime name correctly.
Instead of asking to the anime forum, you can take advantage of this useful online tool to identify nearly any anime title for free. Thanks to the Color Layout Descriptor technology that makes this feature possible.
Check out these steps to find anime title quickly.
Find Anime Title from Screenshot
1. Make sure you already have a good quality screenshot, then towards to WAIT: What Anime Is This? web page.
2. Click on the Browse a file to select your screenshot. You can also use image URL instead.
3. After the screenshot uploaded, click the Search button to proceed to the analyzing stage.
Please note you may see an inappropriate result due to the similarity of color and scene even though it wasn’t what you intended.
4. Now, you can see the results at the left sidebar. The most accurate title should be located on the top list.
Other than that, this tool will show you additional information about the anime, such as its’ rating, genre, studio, and poster.
According to its creator, the tool should easily identify anime which released above 2000. Most old Japanese anime isn’t available in their database (but the popular ones is available) thus you cannot rely on for searching an old anime.
Why I don’t get any relevant result?
There are top five reasons why your screenshot does not lead to any relevant title.
- Your image is not a screenshot but rather an artwork
- Your anime has not been analyzed by the server yet
- Your screenshot is too dark or too bright
- Your image has a bad quality (low-res)
- Your image is not an anime
So, have you found your anime?