When you have deactivated a Facebook account, you’re no longer available on Facebook. People can’t find your profile from it, but they are still able to send you a message via Messenger.
If you only want to hide your online status on Messenger, learn how to turn off Messenger status to prevent you get annoying messages. I provide the most completed guide to make you disappear from Messenger for a while, but the actual account remains active.
To deactivate Messenger, the main Facebook account have to be deactivated first. See the previous tutorial about how to deactivate your Facebook account properly.
Alright, let’s jump into the tutorial.
How to deactivate Messenger account
A short guide to deactivate Facebook Messenger account:
- Launch the Messenger app on your phone
- Tap your profile picture icon
- Select Privacy & Terms
- Select Deactivate Messenger
- Tap Deactivate
A complete guide to deactivate Facebook Messenger account:
1. First, login to Facebook Messenger app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Then, tap the profile picture icon located next to the search bar.
3. Scroll down and select Privacy & Terms.
4. Select Deactivate Messenger.
5. The Messenger will inform you of the consequences of deactivating the account. Tap Deactivate to confirm.
You will be automatically logged out and no longer available on Messenger.
What happens when I deactivate Messenger?
Your Messenger account will be completely hidden, and no one can find you from the platform. Your chat history and any other information that was previously stored on Messenger will be safe in Facebook’s database. Once you logged back, all this information will be restored normally without worrying about losing data.
Remember, when you log in to Messenger, it will reactivate both Facebook and Messenger account at the same time. Hence, make sure you know what to do if you want to deactivate both accounts again.