Picture Password is a security feature on Windows 10 that initially came from Windows 8. With this option, you can log into the system by pointing or dragging the mouse pointer on predefined areas in the picture. It also supports touch action if you were using a touch screen monitor or tablet.
Then, how to enable picture password on Windows 10?
Picture Password is an early feature of Windows 10. In case you disable an automatic update and never installed new improvements, it still would available and work perfectly.
How to enable Picture Password on Windows 10
1. Open Start Menu and click the Settings icon, represented by gears.
2. On a Settings window, click the Accounts section.
3. Then, on the left sidebar, select Sign-in Options. Then, scroll to the Picture Password and click Add.
4. The Windows Security will ask your Microsoft password. Fill the password column and OK to continue.
5. Next, click Choose New Picture if you want to use your own. After you found the desired picture, click Use This Picture to confirm.
6. Now, draw three combinations of gestures using your mouse or touch display. You can simulate point, straight line, and circle. Make sure you draw it on a specific area that nobody expected.
The system will ask you to re-draw the gestures again to ensure you remember the combination.
7. Once it has done, you can click Finish, and then the Picture Password is available at the login screen.
The Picture Password still accepting gestures from both mouse pointer and touch. It does not ask you to be very accurate. As long you draw the spot near the predefined area, it still recognizes the password.
Is Picture Password safe?
Windows Picture Password can be a secure option if you are usually using the computer alone in a quiet room. But, this kind of password may not be safe when login at the park or public space. Someone behind you could easily spot the gestures combination unconsciously.
Instead, you can pick a traditional password or PIN for safer login. Windows 10 provides multiple options for login so you can choose the most convenient method based on the situation.